Pool - Self Pool farming Combination

Hello guys,
Right now I am farming 4PiB with spacepool
I have been thinking about moving 95% of my plots to self - pool and keep 5% in Space pool.
I am doing this because I don’t want to lose my tenure in the pool in case the net space goes to 100EiB in the future and 4PiB is much smaller farm’s size. Right now I am winning a lot and my farm is working so nice that I don’t think is worth to continue pooling 100% of my plots with the pool

Can I just go to the UI of the app, click in the ADD A PLOT NFT button and start self pooling?
Is possible specify what plot directories will be used for the self pool and which will be used for the space pool
Thanks in advance

1 Like

Nope. All your plots belong to that one plot NFT, so whatever you do with that plot NFT, they will follow.

sh…
Thanks.
I’ll continue pooling in that case.
I have been doing some math and the difference is 5xchs, might be a lot in the future but right now I get nice support from space pool and notifications if my farmer is not working fine, sending stales, etc Not worth if I have to completely move from the pool
Why they give you the option in the app to add more nfts? haha, why not just change instead of allow you keep adding, I don’ know, :joy: but it is what is
That db growing and growing is another concern, don’t understand why they just don’t split the database in smaller sizes and create a new file once the file reach the size allowed, the wallet works terrible too, and the UI behaves really bad, a lot of things to fix imo, I hope they do it

yes, you can self pooling with NFT plots, you cannot separate then though

1 Like

you could expand your farm by a little maybe. Maybe even a small HDD to not increase cost if thats a concern.

Plot with a new nft to spacepool on that drive. Then add the harddrive to the system and switch your old hdds to self pooling.

At least that’s my theory. I am also looking forward to do this. Mainly as an Error check on my farmers. Each farmer one pool hdd. I am looking forward to hear from more experienced farmers how to properly do that.

1 Like

i wish i’ve had 4pib farm i would never ever joined any pool :green_apple:

1 Like

Hi, thanks for answering, when you say
“Plot with a new nft to spacepool on that drive.”
What do you mean?
Create a new set of 24 keys?
Or add another farmer in another computer and create a new nft pool for space pool, add a couple of plots and then switch the main farmer to self pool?

Hello, The difference is only 5xch right now,
Having the notifications about the farm sending stales, invalid partials or going offline is a feature the pool offer and is priceless, it has saved me a lot more than 5xchs already

1 Like

i beg to differ, quit pool and stay solo for half yeah THEN you will realize economics of your farm.

1 Like

Why the hell would you farm in a pool with that amount of plots?

No, no need to make new keys. In the “Pool” section of the Chia app you can just add another Plot NFT (top right corner)

Now you have two NFT’s, you can make some new plots, selecting the correct NFT you want to use.

Say, you make 50 plots for the New NFT, you can now join Spacepool with those 50 and move your 4PiB to self-pooling.

2 Likes

The difference is only 5xch right now,
Having the notifications about the farm sending stales, invalid partials or going offline is a feature the pool offer and is priceless, it has saved me a lot more than 5xchs already

ohhhh, got youuu, will try that
thanks

Edit: I think doing that will change the launcher id and the tenure will be gone :joy: