Possible sale for Chia Rig

I have a question/suggestion on pricing my rig in case I need to sell. 84 TiB HDD internal. 20 TiB plotted thus far for the new pool protocol. The rest still farming. Ryzen 9 with 5TB NVME, 64 GB of memory in a full-size case. Any thoughts on what I could get for this rig. The rig is two months old. The HDDs are all Seagate Enterprise Data Center drives. The NVME is also high-end as well. Any thoughts would be appreciated. TY.

Have you lost faith Larry?

1 Like

Depends on the size of the drives, the exact CPU model. Overall, I would suggest selling everything standalone for max profit. Just put it on ebay or your local black board (e.g., craigslist in the US).

1 Like

I don’t think people are really looking to buy a complete setup right now: given the state of Chia, there probably aren’t many new entrants, just existing people who want to maybe upgrade their storage space or something like that. You’d probably get better profit, and more buying interest, by breaking this down and selling the components on eBay or something. So to get a price estimate, I’d check out past sold listings for your individual components on eBay or craigslist (or whatever your local buy/sell/swap service is).

As of today, I think people are more often than not looking for JBODs or servers with room for like 12, 24, 36 etc drive bays. They are relatively cheap for a salvage unit if purchased 2nd hand, used or salvaged. The drives are better sold stand alone and leave the boot drive in the PC to sell a functional PC to someone for gaming or something workstation related.

2 Likes

I have NOT lost faith in Chia, but I bought this rig with another friend (partner I thought) and he is deciding to change the rules 2.5 months in. Very disappointed. Chia long-term is going to be fantastic. The drive types are all Seagate Enterprise DC. 3 16 TiB, 2 10 Tib, and one 18 TiB. Ryzen 9 processor, please 5 TiB in NVME & 64GB RAM. 20 TiB is currently plotted for Pooling the other is solo. Changing the solo to Pool. The wallet has .022 XCH. Going from getting paid every 5 days, to 4 days to everyday by the end of this week.

1 Like

You should post all the products you offer in an easy to read and complete list and state whether there is an original invoice for warranty. Otherwise noone will buy and you just get some low price joke offers.

And no one is gonna buy some chia account from anyone. Just the hardware has worth.

No, in fact, we expanded. Farmer for life. Good luck.

1 Like

You are necroing a lot old threads which have been dead for months, posting the same offer in every one of them. You are essentially spamming the forum with your buy offers.

I am not a moderator (on this forum) but it would be better if you created a single Buy/Sell thread of your own stating your offer. And then delete all those spam offers to put the old threads back to sleep.

1 Like

I kind of agree with you. You can click on those three dots below his post, and click that flag image, basically marking that post as a spam. The moderator will act on that mark (I think this is what he prefers to happen - we flagging, him blocking).

On the other hand, if you really, really don’t like his posts, just make your own post offering $11 / TB, basically driving him out.

1 Like

LOL good one :sweat_smile: I am not in the market though.

You’re right, it’s generally better to report/flag posts for mod action, particularly when it’s trolls and abusers. That’s not the case here, though, and I was split whether to report or not.

But we may need @dchuk anyway to put these necroed threads back to sleep.

(Mod: Feel free to delete these posts of mine too, if you perform a cleanup.)

1 Like

It is not about being on the market, but rather sending a message to that guy. Actually, I was considering doing that, as I am also split about his posts.

I see. Still, I wouldn’t maker an offer I don’t actually mean. Either way hopefully they’ll see this post and at least stop reviving old threads.

1 Like

I will offer $11 TiB LOL :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Now we are talking!

$12 it is :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Excellent, now we’re getting somewhere. As it turns out, I have about 100 old 1 TB drives, and I would like to take you up on your generous offer of $12/TB :grin:

(Just joking, in case it wasn’t obvious).

2 Likes

Indeed, @Normanvelez please just create one thread in the buy and sell section making your offer.
If people want to sell, they can then let you know.

1 Like