Powering multiple external HDD

I know many of you have the same problem now. I’m building a rig with external hdd for farming chia and I’m really curious about your power configs.
I’m searching for a power supply that can power multiple hdd. I’m going in trouble with so many psu

1 Like

Why not individual enclosures with individual power supplies?

Or, why not a regular desktop computer power supply with lots of hard drive power extension cables…

1 Like

My question is about external hdd. Individual power supplies are e big mess when you have a config with 100+ hdd

3 Likes

Yeah you’ll need to google for people doing giant hard drive array farms. I’m sure there is info out there.

If you find anything good, share it here!

1 Like

I did it. I did it with my first farm for Burst in 2017 and I did it now. I’m here to find a clever solution.
Usually nobody have this kind of problems outside Burst or Chia mining. Solution is here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m using the power bricks that came with the hard drives plugged into these ubiquitous extension cords to get the bricks away from the power strip. This way a cheap powerstrip that might only fit 3 bricks directly can fit 12 bricks easily.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-6-ft-16-2-Indoor-Cube-Tap-Extension-Cord-White-HD-145-017/100672781

2 Likes