Protest time for chia?

And Bitcoin has been on the market for how long again? How long did people think Bitcoin was worthless?

Very good points. Poorly stated on my part. More accurately, their product is barely a year old. It often takes many years to get a product to market, and then many more years for the product to generate revenue and turn a profit. Sure, there are always exceptions to that.

All that said, if Iā€™m a big bank or government, I donā€™t care if Chia Network has been building this since 2007. If the main blockchain product is still just one year old, it is still very risky to put all your faith in it. Chia is riding on the shoulders of giants, also using a fairly new concept (proof-of-space vs proof-of-work). If I have hundreds of millions to invest, and really love and believe in Chiaā€™s goals and vision, I still want them and their product to go through a significant vetting period before betting on the Chia blockchain.

The project could fail at any moment for a variety of reasons, vulnerabilities being a huge one. Understandably so, big investors really donā€™t want to fall victim to a giant hack or exploit because Chia was very new and they (or their lowly paid developers) didnā€™t understand how to properly build a secure product atop the Chia blockchain.

1 Like

Chia group does have a bunch of programming talent , but its time to collect some folks that can put it together.

2 Likes

i disagree because you Ceteris paribus others. yes i pass some economy class before. economy not simple like that. too many factors effected price and netspace. example russian war. anywayā€¦

but lets think about your idea for a while.
if chia were 500 usd i keep my hope. everybody keep their hope. if chia were 500 usd developers think about chia and miners. etcā€¦

1 Like

This really gives the impression you are wanting to protest purely about the price!

Thinking they will burn the premine is naive, they didnā€™t print it only to burn itā€¦
They printed ot to use it, and it could do great things to get real world usage of chia.

ipso facto cocorico!

Your making me hungry, I need some fish & Chips and donā€™t forget my pint :yum: :yum:

Iā€™ve accumulated 20% more Chia in the first year than expected, where do I sign up to protest?

2 Likes

I envision a crowd flying WHEN LAMBO? flags. That will make clear how badly Chia Network violated our right to get rich.

someone write same words before. please go up and read topic first.
after that we can start talking.
plus
chia farming not support electric cost anymore.

Iā€™ve had enough.
Now I donā€™t care xch price anymore.
Just sell all my 80 xch and buy GMT.

Your going to buy a clock???

No, just the current time from that clock :wink:

Although, I would immediately convert it to Zulu!

It does not for youā€¦ it does easily for me even with electricity cost at 0,3ā‚¬/kWh.

So I guess you want Chia Network to act more like Terra? They did do a lot to keep Luna price up. Worked quite well for some timeā€¦

2 Likes

lol
terra and chia really diffrent.
1- you have no idea about terra
2- you have no idea about chia
3- you have no idea about both
4- you never read up
wich one ? or all of them?
ahahahahahhahahaha

Did I hurt your feeling by mentioning you are the one loosing money? So sorryā€¦

I recommend to read up on your own thread. A lot of great suggestions you should consider.

Maybe you should sell any chia you have and sell all your hardware. You will feel better if you plant some vegetablesā€¦

Sometimes itā€™s really hard to understand peopleā€™s thoughts.

Especially if they do such an excellent job communicating them (like you) rather than just telling others they donā€™t understand incoherent protest rants (like what you actually literally wrote). :slight_smile: