Question for the pool operators, how can you verify farmers are actually producing?

But that number does not show what is what. So if the pool publishes the number, the people that like to complain will claim it is the pools fault when in reality it could just be a group of large end users that are having a bad day, bad internet connection, bad memory, who knows. There is no way for the pool to fix those issues.

Your a supporter of a pool hiding whether submissions are stale or not to farmers and telling them that they are paid for them when secretly they aren’t being paid crap? A farmer could have 70% stale for a year and wonder why their making so little. People may complain its the pools fault and sometimes it is, thats why you join their support channel and inquire so it can be diagnosed.

Uh, ok. Whether the pool publishes a stale number on the site does not change the fact that I can see my “Points Successful in Last 24 Hours” in my client. That is the stale number that applies to me. I literally don’t care what the pool’s stale number is. If others are having issues, that is their problem. Just like solo farming. They should be watching their numbers and making sure they are farming like they think they should be.

I replot all my OG plots to pool plots. However, there I no rush to jump into novel pools with technical issues when I still have a chance to win farming solo. My strategy is to replot all my plots and then choose a pool that seems to be reliable. It would also be really cool if one of the pools would share the following statics with its users:

1. How many partials am I submitting.
  2. How many partials am I expected to submit based on the number of plots that I contribute.
  3. % stale / missing partials based on the number of plots I contribute.

What I request is that the pool clearly shows how well my farmer performs compared to expectations so that I can diagnose potential issues on my end alternatively try another pool to see if my farmers performance increases.

And the pool I am in is still working on their dashboards. Not sure if a stale number/graph will be part of the final setup.

Your client only sees whats on your end it won’t know how many shares the pool accepts or what %. Its not a god or a spy. I believe Spacepool and us use a PPLNS system not the points system.

We do this. Aka current farm rate, the 24 hours average, and we show submissions valid/stale/invalid.

Sounds good, could you provide a screenshot of this type of dashboard?

We show the average effective TB size of your farm for the past 24 hours based on your submissions.

Reported space = self-reported space? I.e. I self-report my number of plots?

Looks nice btw.

When the client submits the partial, it gets a response from the pool saying whether it was accepted (returning the ‘new_difficulty’). If it wasn’t accepted, it gives the error (the reason why). That is how it is able to show me the “Points Successful” percentage.

current client doesn’t support reporting so we base it on your submissions.

How come you report space in TB instead of TiB that is used by the chia GUI and sites like chia explorer?

Most people are more comfortable with the 1000 system than the 1024 system. Aka people like TB not TiB when thinking of their storage and most people are plotting to drives with advertised space in TB not TiB.

Perhaps this is true but you also see a higher number in your site vs the chia gui that might easily get misinterpreted that you performance is better vs using another pool/self-farming. Might be good to add an explanation about this.