Record the #dugu hacking incident and my analysis

Alarm bells rang

It was late at night, around 23:35 (UTC15:35), and I was getting ready to go to bed when I suddenly saw someone in the Chinese community saying that their coins had been stolen:
(image)

This friend also attached two screenshots, one was the transfer record in their own wallet, and the other was a post on chiaforum:

I immediately recognized that address: the XCH stolen from my friend before had also gone to this address!

I quickly got up from my bed, opened chiaforum to check the post, and also opened the blockchain explorer:

It could be seen that XCH was constantly flowing into this address. This was not an isolated case, but a premeditated and large-scale theft!

(Thanks to @HVNC, who sounded the alarm in a timely manner, allowing us to quickly realize the seriousness of the situation and start taking action.)

I first posted an alert message in the Chinese community and then immediately posted the same message on Twitter:https://twitter.com/hiya1024/status/1632423168307777536

(It’s a bit of a pity that we issued the alert in the middle of the night in China, so only a few Chinese farmers managed to transfer their XCH out in time after seeing the message. Later on, I will mention that the hackers scanned and stole from the same batch of accounts for two to three rounds.)

After issuing the alert, I went back to sleep. By this time, it was already 2:00 in the morning on my end.

9 Likes