Red Alert! Give chia a hand! its needed you

Hello guys,
i am form Turkey and i saw some news on youtube, according to this Turkish news Russia going to intranet on 11 March.

Firstly i have to say i can not confirm that news but if thats happen i really dont know what will happen to crypto currecy.

lets start talking about news and Chia

firstly if that happen network difficulty down fast and hardly,

we probably start waiting transfers because chia network lost tons of full node.

i ask similar question on keybase channel but i did not receive any answer from the any developer. thats all my positive guess maybe its going to worse who knows? its depend of full node amount in Russia.
“note answer from keybase admin when i check last wednesday, russia had 14510 nodes online out of 250k, i think chain will still remain very healthy if that happens”

WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT THAT?

to be honest i wont make any transfer on 10 and 11 March.

i started full node backup. so if chian stuck or freeze or unexpected issue i will be ready for fix it fastly.

i never shut down my full nodes.
maybe you want do the same, i dont know honestly.

another issue eth or tron network can effected from this status. please think big and be careful.

someone confirm this Russia news i will be really happy.

greetings.

The chain will continue to run just fine. Gene Hoffman put out a good story on this. Chia has many more nodes than BTC and plenty enough to protect the chain even if Russia fell off the map. Look up Gene Hoffman on Twitter for his take on this exact topic.

4 Likes

Don’t be so dramatic

Fear not!
Cryptocurrencies speed does not scale with how many full nodes or farmers there are. It is a fixed value (In the case of chia ~1 block every 30 seconds)

You could aregue that the security gets lowered as there are less farmers. But I would not say it’s dramatic.

I wouldn’t stress too much, our data shows roughly 14,000 or so nodes are in Russia, out of over 250k, so in essence 94.4% of the nodes will still be active. It sucks for the average Russian citizen who didn’t ask for this scenario, but it won’t hurt the chain stability or reliability at all. In fact, Patch Tuesday each month has a more significant impact than this would, if it actually happens.

2 Likes