Reload... force reload.. reload.. force reload

Most peeps do not have to sit there with the wheel spinning for hours. Most peeps load the GUI in under a minute with less than 30 seconds of the Connecting to Wallet circle. If this is happening to you then you have a problem. Re-loading will not fix your problem.

This issue and the answer of deleting your DBs has been discussed, but not much recently as it is long solved. The only recent thread similar to this issue turned out to be a peep pushing his Pi too hard. I don’t think this is your problem, lolz!

So you shut down and have the circle for hours after re-starting.

The solution was posted by the devs (mariano54 is on the Chia Team at Keybase) on May 4. After having the issue myself and finding this answer I shared it here in June.

In another recent thread you said:

"jeblumena Aug 29

The blockchain db I think is corrupted due to sudden loss of electricity.

It’s been 24hrs and still syncing kind of broken. I think it’s faster to download the db than to sync it."

So this is a new problem that started after a power fail?

Did you end up downloading the blockchain? If you tried, then this is almost certainly your problem.

You can download the blockchain instead of syncing but I do not recommend doing so as there are security and corruption issues.

You cannot download your wallet db as it is your wallet db. Everybody shares the same blockchain but they do not share wallets. Your wallet is part of the blockchain. You can save your wallet db and re-install it, but you cannot download it from someone else. The only way to re-build your wallet db if it is corrupted or gone is to re-sync it by re-syncing the wallet with the blockchain. Your GUI has to go through the entire blockchain to create your wallet db transaction by transaction. This does not cause the GUI to hang connecting to wallet.

If you downloaded a corrupted blockchain your wallet not syncing would make perfect sense. Properly re-syncing your blockchain and wallet takes hours to days depending on your processor and connection, but it is time well spent.

You said you had deleted your wallet db. Did you do it using the process described by mariano above? How long ago? Have you upgraded the GUI since? Does the problem persist after you have upgraded the Chia Client and properly deleted the wallet db? If so, are there any in ERRORS in your log? Is your log set to INFO?

Be well.