Remote harvester blocked by Windows Defender

You could even call them on the phone to help out. But first I would login to your account online and there is online help also.

Help Your Guests Get on WiFi at Your Home - Xfinity Support

1 Like

Is Guest Wi-Fi a separate network?

Many routers support a feature called guest networking, which creates a separate Wi-Fi network for friends and family to use when they visit. From the guest network, they can access the internet, but they can’t access network resources like shared folders, printers, or NAS devices.

2 Likes

:rofl:

(20charicterssssss)

• List item

I found an easy fix that keeps my “Public” (connected to my ISP’s modem) network safe from any computers that share my local network (any computers that have access to my side of my ISP’s modem) – while allowing any computers on my Chia-only network (no internet access) to have no firewall issues.

Thanks all!

2 Likes

Running the following on the harvester:
chia plots check -g plot.whatever.plot
successfully checks the plot and deems it as valid.

However, part of its output reads:

2022-12-21T18:38:19.246  chia.plotting.manager            : WARNING  Plot C:\whatever\plot-whatever.plot has a farmer public key that is not in the farmer's pk list.
2022-12-21T18:38:19.246  chia.plotting.manager            : WARNING  Plot C:\whatever\plot-whatever.plot has a pool public key that is not in the farmer's pool pk list.

I am assuming that since my harvester box has nothing running, other than “chia start harvester”, that those farmer warnings are due to my having no farmer on that box, and by extension, not having the pk lists for the farmer?

My full node’s GUI seems happy. It is reporting on plots passing the filter from the harvester, and no complaints in the debug log.

Looking at posts in this forum and elsewhere, people were recommending adding keys, etc.
But I am assuming that none of that is necessary, when the box is used strictly for harvesting?