Remote harvester

ok i have set harvester pc up and it looks like working, but my main (full_node) pc doesn’t show it by command:

chia farm summary

how to dig the issue?

On this remote harvester machine:

• chia keys show

displays “there are no saved private keys”. it must be it, how should i fix it? i have already inited this harvester with /ca folder from main pc.

please help

It has been awhile since I’ve done this, but

• Did update the config.yaml on your harvester to point to your farmer’s IP address?
  • Copy the /ca keys to the harvester and chia init -c <directory of ca>?
  • Start the harvester with chia start harvester
  • Add the plot directories to the harvester with chia plots add -d /path/to/plots

For more debugging check the logs of your harvester.

cat .chia/mainnet/log/debug.log

:white_check_mark:

Added manually to config. chia plot checks sees them.

empty :slight_smile:

chia start harvester ?

The directory is “log”, not “logs”

1 Like

chia start harvester has been executed and started Ok. log is empty which means no errors

ha. you’re right. my bad. I’ll update my post. :sweat_smile:

why everybody ignores obvious warning i posted twice already?

chia plots checks warns with missing privite key. isnt it the problem?

Like I said, I havn’t done this in awhile, but from what I can remember I thought these keys were optional. I always assumed that copying the /ca keys and init-ing with them was all that was required to run a remote harvester. Pretty sure they mentioned that you could copy the keys over but it was less secure.

i have copied my /ca from main pc into temporary directory and have init harvester pc from it. i ran it and been told /ca has been copied and installed succesfully. how could i went wrong …

gosh … why this is always a butthurt with everything nowadays …

Hmmm… can you go into your config.yaml and set the log level to INFO
Restart your harvester chia start harvester -r
and the check your logs again?

cat .chia/mainnet/log/debug.log

ahh … looks like we’re getting somewhere :slight_smile:

2021-07-25T17:57:59.881 harvester harvester : INFO Started harvester service on network_id: mainnet
2021-07-25T17:57:59.881 harvester harvester : INFO Reconnecting to peer {‘host’: ‘192.168.31.244’, ‘port’: 8447}
2021-07-25T17:58:21.015 harvester harvester_server : INFO Cannot connect to host 192.168.31.244:8447 ssl:<ssl.SSLContext object at 0x000002164E4CC3C0> [timeout issue]
2021-07-25T17:58:24.027 harvester harvester : INFO Reconnecting to peer {‘host’: ‘192.168.31.244’, ‘port’: 8447}

is 192.168.31.244 the local ip of your farmer?

yeap, it is. i get it from windows ipconfig. this is pc where full_node is running, right?

isnt’t it SSL related issue?

is port 8447 on your farmer open?

1 Like

well i didnt close it on purpose … how can i open it if it close?

1 Like

if your farmer is on a windows machine check if your windows firewall is blocking incoming connections? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

looks like it close! command to check:

Test-NetConnection -Port 8447 -InformationLevel “Detailed”

1 Like

Sorry, I dont know much about windows. You’ll have to google how to open a port in your windows firewall. Or you could try turning it off for a while to see if its actually the problem.

1 Like