Report when offline

Hello all. Is there any way when self pooling to get your full node to report when its not synced?

Farmr. ( 20 characters )

1 Like

I do not have a complete solution, due to my limited scripting skills, but I might have a partial solution that someone else can expand on.

When you run:
“chia farm summary”, I believe that if you are not synced, then the line where it tells you your estimated time to win will, instead, tell you to wait for synchronization.

A script could be written to grep (or “findstr” (Windows) or some such command) for that output, and send you e-mail or a text or whatever you choose.

You can have the script cycle every X seconds, via the “timeout.exe” command, if Windows, or the “sleep” command, if Linux. Or, make it a cron job, etc.

I do not recall the exact wording from the “chia farm summary” output when you are not synchronized, and I am not going to pull the plug on my internet connection to find out. So the next time you are not synced, run “chia farm summary” to find the line in question.

2 Likes

I have a separate nft with 100 plots, i keep that in a pool.
When farm goes offline, i get an email :grin:

1 Like

The latest farmr ‘1.8.1.5’ does not work in Ubuntu Desktop using sqlite ‘3.37.2’ and the repository has been archived: Local 'db' has already been initialized. · Issue #198 · gilnobrega/farmr · GitHub

chia@chia:~$ farmr
Starting farmr for chia in Farmer mode...
Unhandled exception:
LateInitializationError: Local 'db' has already been initialized.
#0      LateError._throwLocalAlreadyInitialized (dart:_internal-patch/internal_patch.dart:204)
#1      openSQLiteDB (package:farmr_client/utils/sqlite.dart:16)
#2      Cache._createTables (package:farmr_client/cache/cacheIO.dart:40)
#3      new Cache (package:farmr_client/cache/cacheIO.dart:34)
#4      Blockchain.init (package:farmr_client/blockchain.dart:237)
#5      main (file:///home/runner/work/farmr/farmr/farmr.dart:180)
<asynchronous suspension>
chia@chia:~$ 

Whats the pool please? Spacepool didn’t do this and i’m now self pooling.

I’m with flex, but I think spacepool has the same option. Just have to login with the loginlink from the NFT to change the settings and add you email

Machinaris, of which I am the developer, is self-hosted and includes Chiadog for alerting.

Failed at the first step trying to install Docker. Any ideas? Thankyou.

chia@chia:~$ sudo apt-get install ./docker-desktop-4.18.0-amd64.deb
Reading package lists... Done
E: Unsupported file ./docker-desktop-4.18.0-amd64.deb given on commandline
chia@chia:~$ sudo apt-get install '/home/chia/Downloads/docker-desktop-4.18.0-amd64.deb' 
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'docker-desktop' instead of '/home/chia/Downloads/docker-desktop-4.18.0-amd64.deb'
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies.
 docker-desktop : Depends: docker-ce-cli but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Please the wiki for setup on Ubuntu.