Robocopy help again :(((((((

hello guys,
its me again and another question again :slight_smile:
i am using robocopy for sending my plot files. all plot files sending final directory after that those are going to multi hard drives.
problem is when i start robocopy its try move same files to 2 hard drives. how can i solve that ?

i am using this command

@echo off
:RESTART
TITLE FINAL2 TO 1
echo.
robocopy D:\final2 E:\1 “plot*.plot” /MOV /MT:32
echo.
timeout 120 /nobreak
GOTO RESTART

pause

@echo off
:RESTART
TITLE FINAL2 TO 2
echo.
robocopy D:\final2 F:\2 “plot*.plot” /MOV /MT:32
echo.
timeout 120 /nobreak
GOTO RESTART

pause

wat da fudge is robocopy.

why not use a old proven tool like scp…

Are you using multiple instances of Robocopy? One for each final drive?

That is what I was doing and it seemed to differentiate between a file being copied and files available to be copied, so I didn’t run into the problem of it trying to copy the same plot to different hdds…

Robocopy is a very old utility packaged into Windows although the older version used to be called Xcopy originally.

1 Like

hello,
i am sorry for late reply i was super busy.
what is scp ?

hello,
my setting is going like that…
plotter–> buffer nvme hard drive → final sata hard drive → farming…

my problem is, plotting speed is really good for theese days. thats why my final sata hard drive is going to full fastly then plots start stay my nvme hard drive, so plotter is going to stop because my buffer nvme is going to full.

i cant solve that problem. still waiting…:frowning:

maybe robocopy select files randomly and its sending files 2 sata hard drive but i cant not setting that.

Plot sink : chia-gigahorse/plot-sink at master · madMAx43v3r/chia-gigahorse · GitHub

i guess it using network for sending plot files.
i can not do that, i dont have that large bandwith.

I don’t understand what you mean by, “What is scp?”.

Plot sink also works on localhost, I haven’t tried it, but Max writes it there

sorry for not clarifying

WinSCP is a free and open-source SSH File Transfer Protocol, File Transfer Protocol, WebDAV, Amazon S3, and secure copy protocol client for Microsoft Windows. Its main function is secure file transfer between a local computer and a remote server.
cross platform utility.
requires command line.
works flawlessly with the right arguments.
secure and reliable.

thank you for reply,
do you have some command for that?

I don’t recommend tools lightly.

But this is a nice one.

Many tools are avilable and more easy than Robocopy , for example Freefilesync , Gs Richcopy 360 , Teracopy and Syncback . All are a GUI tools

Bit of a ressurection of an old thread, but their are now even Windows GUI tools specifically designed for deleting old plots as you go and moving new plots - look in the tools section of the forum.