Scream of miner! (with a pb)

One of my friends was telling me I went wrong with my plotter build using intel rather than threadripper.

He’s not into chia, just sees them as better processors.

They are, but that price tag lol, no need for all that power.

We have about the same size farms, so getting ~100 plots per day is potentially good enough, and will cost less than $1k (2012 Xeons).

On the other hand, the biggest farm is over 7EB (about 400 thousands HDs). I have no clue what they used to plot that other than a Cray computer. Although, there was a guy on the forum that was trying to buy plots for 6 cents, so maybe that is another possibility.

My pall was looking at new cpu.
He’s a dreamer and doesn’t work, his life , his choice.

I’m sure we’d all love a brand new top of the line system, but value is worth chasing to me.

i read all replys,

i dont have real job in my life i am living in bad country and when i try calculate chia income on the begining this investment is looking like logic for me. i calculate network grow ofcourse but my calculate is 8x network grows. because burst coin grow like that before.

i remember first weeks of farming i earn around 8 usd with 100 TB dayly.
right now 120 tb earning 2 usd per day.

i also checked bram’s life, he obsessively about file system and file share.
i also know btt. and btfs file system. all is trush.

right now i am scread about my investment thats all. If bram fail i am fail too. honestly i am feeling already lost my investment.

plus

after chia born i really cant see any use case. If chia wont give reason to people for spend it or holding it (or not chia burning policy like eth )chia price continue fall down untill 1 usd i am pretty sure about that. :frowning:

we continue generate more chia and no burning policy ,we never find new investors with that speed so inflation.

when will people start spending chia? how many years need for this ?

do you have anything about burning policy ? like eth ?
anyway…

Probably several years. It is only 1 year old and not widely adopted yet. It has a ton of potential, which is what makes it appealing, but, it is going to take time for businesses and governments to see the Chia blockchain as something they want to get involved with.

It sounds like the Chia company is working towards many goals which will increase the underlying value of the coin, but it’ll take time.

I don’t know, but how many of all cryptocurrencies that skyrocketed in value did that within 2 years of their creation? I can’t speculate on price, but the end of years 2 & 3 will be important milestones for Chia, so we might have to wait until then to expect to see huge returns from where things are now.

I would suggest you forget about coin price until the first halving : 19/03/2024.

1 Like

Yes I agree with you. Now this is nothing to do with chia money value. All we have to do is to collect chia as much as we can! You may think that when chia value goes down, your ROI duration will be longer! No problem. I have entered a road wasting some money. But I will be patient.

4 Likes

@PoorInvestor-Youtube released a great video where he goes over AMAs from Feb last year - Chia XCH price is in need of a price check FACTS - YouTube

Im in a similar situation but with my GPU’s
HDD’s have proven far more profitable to me yet… But then I did not have to buy any equipment such as plotter, ssd, …

1 Like

if you truly feel that way then sell your equipment you don’t need at a lost. reality is all mining forms are way down. Ethereum will be gone in a few months to Ethereum 2. if you are farming to a pool you would get daily payout plus whatever blocks you hit. you did not mention what size farm you have and that makes a huge difference of size of scale and payments accordingly. sorry for being blunt but i think you ask for honesty.

1 Like

Chia is a long-term investment. Expect growth at the end of 2025. If you are not ready to wait that long, it is better to sell the equipment now until the market is flooded with hard drives