Should we be worried about hpool?

Please don’t join Hpool. They need your mnemonics which means they can gain access to your account. Don’t even think about creating a cold wallet to store your Chia once you withdraw.

Hpool have so many accounts and miners there that daily earnings are dropping while solo farming is still at 2 XCH per win in the lottery.

The lesser the people joining Hpool, may be better until official protocol is out. Chia said soon just like Blizzard.

best thing the creators could do in my opinion is accept only official blockchain app plots until official pools are out and then we have actual security, so they might then even the playfield .
best of luck to all of us small farmers hoping for something in the next 5-6 years.

In my world 38,74% is not more than a half and also not >51%

What’s up with all the wild percentages flowing here…

You can just check the wins per address here on the officially supported chainexplorer: https://www.chiaexplorer.com/top-farmers

Which is 34,43% at the moment of my post.

both of those addresses belong to HPOOL so it is 47.27% of the last 10 block and 2221 out of 4096 coins won in 24 hours.

The good news is there % is dropping since core pool (aka chia core) came along.

does a dog worry where it poops? or does it just shit all over the neighbors yard.
does a cat worry in the rain that fish will fall from the sky?
do airplanes worry they are gonna explode?

chia will shutdown h pool when the time is right. with chias new pooling protocol… I think will change the whole world. and everyone will abandon h pool. and than people who trusted Hpool get hacked by Hpool " just like low key Napster. bahaha jpjp jp

he created BitTorrent over 15 years ago.
the affects from that on EVERY industry we know. legendary
that was when the internet was still young. just a bunch of wires… with fkn beeps and lights from one place to another.
hes ben woking on this much longer than BitTorrent and technology is ALOT different.

yes the starts ben bumpy.

but that’s the price for the bleeding edge of network protocols.PERIOD.
its on the wilingness of the masses to test the scalability.

and there will be problems when we launch a rocket to Pluto with people on it.
but srsly
think of the possibilities of what this protocol allows. and unlocks really
not just for “making a buck on chia”
im all in and expect nothing less than the world and internet to be changed forever.
give the protocol a study for just 10 minutes. actually understand every word.
and you will have no doubts. of the future of chia.
its separate from every crypto. not even in the same class as bitcoin. far far beyond. more mature in every way. even as just this fad for sum.

is chia worried about Hpool? no.
should you be? depends
if your worried about Hpool. I suggest you take a hard hard look at your network configuration now. and see where your messing up.
I asure you
if you understand fully whats happening with chia. on a physical level. and even spiritually.
you would realize what a silly question this is.
there are literally pages being written in the network protocol bible about this right now about this.
we living in history. pioneers. do u not really comprehend?
everything will be affected. networking/cloudservices/fileshareing/clustering.
will NEVER be the same once this gets rolling.
but I guess with out millions farming wrong.
I wouldn’t be winning any chia with my 70tb

mike drop

1 Like

Why not? Hpool doesn’t even send your Chia to the same account. You need to register a wallet address of your choosing. Just create a new safe wallet and get your payouts to that wallet. As long as you don’t keep anything in the account you “gave” to hpool you should be fine.

i’m just jesting. always create a cold wallet.

I might have missed it, but in this long thread I did not find one question.

Why would hpool mount a 51% attack?

Doing so would discredit Chia and kill the cow that hpool is milking … unless you think killing the cow is their intention … peeps trying to turn a profit would not want to kill the cow, so “they” must be government hackers.

If the Chinese or another Government wants to kill crypto then we’re all screwed anyways so I will not stress about this possibility. :tired_face:

No one forced you to invest that money. You only have yourself to blame :grin:

1 Like

Exactly, it’d hurt them to do an attack.

Spot on!

There is not one single incident or reported malicious behaviour about HPool so far. Not one!

Yet for some reason people are so convinced they are guilty unless proven innocent.

earnings in Hpool is declining. 3 days ago it was 0.42, then 0.38 And now it’s 0.35 /PiB

Should be expected if you considered cheating, difficulty and luck.

Not really,

testing with small farm

nothing to worry i guest

at least until official pool or more fair farm mode

Nothing to be worried about here. Once 21Chia is up and running, I will join the ‘official’ pool and slowly pull out from hpool or see which gives me better rewards. Until then… 0.1 XCH per week is better than 0XCH :rofl:

1 Like

how dangerous is it to run the hpool .exe …

In other words, wallet and chias I know they may be in danger … but?

Personal information?
Keys or passwords from google / bank / steam?
Unlimited access to hdd ??

Just run it in an isolated environment (i.e. Virtual Machine) with no personal data and an empty wallet

Its like giving the government your bank account password so they can take their taxes off your paycheque directly.

2 Likes

Best practice is not to mine/farm on a machine with personal info on it or set up a virtual machine.