Show off your rigs!

I call this the HangMiner (HangFarmer?)

My goal here was to use as much existing hardware as possible. I had already started building an ETH mining rig a month or two back, so this was a natural continuation of that build. The only parts I purchased for Chia were hard drives (renewed, might as well use cheap recycled drives especially with the shortage of high-end drives!) and NVMEs (plus loads of SATA/power splitters). You might have to zoom into see everything, but here’s what you are looking at:

Top shelf: 8x RX480/580 8gb GPUs
Second shelf: 3 motherboards - left and right each control 4 GPUs up top and mine ETH. Middle mines ETH with a 3060 12gb and is also my Chia farmer and my Storj server which controls over 20 hard drives hanging below.
Third shelf: 22 hard drives of various sizes for about 90TB of total storage, along with 4 SATA 1 to 5 port multipliers. The port multipliers plug into 2 SATA 4x PCI-x cards that each support 6 port multipliers, for 60 total possible drives.
Fourth shelf: box fan and future space for 20 more drives. Box fan to be replaced by 6-8 120mm case fans.
Bottom shelf: 2 gaming laptops with 2060 8gb GPUs and i7 processors - both mining ETH and plotting Chia on nvme’s. Also future space for 20 more drives.

All of the white plastic hangers you see are custom designed and 3d printed by myself. I’ve got hangers designed for GPUs, power supplies, motherboards, hard drives, SATA multipliers, cable clips and PCI boards. The wire shelf you see is actually two of these that you can find at your local Walmart: Hyper Tough 3 Tier Stackable Wire Shelving Unit, Silver/Zinc, 13.4"Dx23.2"Wx30.6"H, Weight Capacity 750 lb - Walmart.com - Walmart.com (There is even instructions in the box on how to order more shelves, connectors, etc).

Not shown: 2 other PCs also plotting

Up to about 5tib a day now, over 400 plots, and I won 2 Chia last week!

5 Likes