Smooth way to migrate from 1.2.11 to 1.3.5

Hi,

What are practical hints to make this happen you would suggest?

Easiest and smartest way in order to quick sync of full node and switching to v2 wallet. Also, if i’d like to fresh install of full node to another pc how should i proceed, what should i do with existing keys, should i copy ca folder from current install?

Generally, what underwater rocks should i bear in mind?

Thynks.

Shut down Chia “Make a backup of your .chia folder which has your database.” Install 1.3.5 and run the .\chia db upgrade which will mod your config.yaml file to point to the V2 database. You can ckeck your config.yaml file
full_node:
database_path: db/blockchain_v2_CHALLENGE.sqlite

Also check your wallet:
wallet:
automatically_add_unknown_cats: false
connect_to_unknown_peers: true
database_path: wallet/db/blockchain_wallet_v2_CHALLENGE_KEY.sqlite

And your cooking…

It’s was said that you shouldn’t run two full nodes for traffic reasons. Make the other machine a harvester. Just remember to copy the CA folder from the farmer to a temp directory on the harvester and run SAMPLE:
PS C:\Users"your user name"\Appdata\Local\chia-blockchain\app-1.3.5\resources\app.asar.unpacked\daemon> .\chia.exe init -c c:\files\ca
In your harvester config.yaml file

harvester:
chia_ssl_ca:
crt: config/ssl/ca/chia_ca.crt
key: config/ssl/ca/chia_ca.key
farmer_peer:
host: Main.Machine.IP
port: 8447

In powershell run (In Windows 10)
.\chia start -r harvester

And your cooking again

I am aware.

I’d like to switch pc currently running full node, that’s why i asked about fresh re-install.

Your in kind of a pickle, I would upgrade the currect machine run the db upgrade the copy the folders to a USB disk. Install 1.3.5 on the new machine as soon as it starts to sync shut it down and copy the folders from the backup disk. I would still do the
PS C:\Users"your user name"\Appdata\Local\chia-blockchain\app-1.3.5\resources\app.asar.unpacked\daemon> .\chia.exe init -c c:\files\ca to keep it clean.

Hope that helps

Clearer. So i must not lose currently using keys, i must not regenerate them if i want to keep plots base?

On your 1.2.11 machine shut it down the start it up and before you click on the private Key button, click on the EYE picture which will give you your keys and Seed: Which is the 24 words and copy that information into a notepad file for safe keeping. Do the upgrade from 1.2.11 to 1.3.5 (don’t forget the db upgrade)

You can copy the whole window with Private Keys and seed word into a text file.

After you install 1.3.5 on the new PC you copy the folders from your USB disk over and that will copy your keys also.

I’m still in doubts.

I’d like to fresh install on new PC before migrating to 1.3.5. Why do i need to copy backup folders and all? doesn’t chia client bring it all up from blockchain after entering 24 of mnemonics?

You backup everything in case something gets corrupted along the way.
Could save you resyncing from scratch / losing your mnemonic.

If you lose your mnemonic , you also lose any coin, and your plots become useless and will need re plotting.

Ok. you seem not getting my concern.

Let’s say we just have installed new chia client. We don’t have backed up config folder We do know wallet id and mnemonic list. Isn’t it it enough for chia client to re-create all keys (same keys?) on its own? Isn’t this enough to keep current plot base on?

let me wrap it. Is .chia folder copy-paste or/and chia init really required?

Yes, so long as you have your mnemonic.

I dont do either, but i use gui, so never need to init.

Edit.
I do regularly backup the big database in case of corruption, but if your happy to let it sync from scratch if corrupted there’s no need.

What if my plots are nft? Don’t i lose any credentials from previous setup that cound’t be backed up from blockchain like my contract hash etc?

So what’s the plan?

1. install client on fresh machine
  2. enter mnemonic
  3. start
  4. force quit
    DO NOT COPY OVER .chia FOLDER FROM BACK UP
  5. deploy wallet/blockchain from backup
  6. start
  7. manage plots
  8. win some chia

yes it does in about 4 to 5 days depending on your machines CPU speed along with you boot drive where chia is installed.

Once the chain resyncs to the point your nft was created you will get back your nft, its all stored on the chain .

You seem to have missed the db upgrade part.

what’s gonna take so long? i’m going to copy full db from currently running farmer machine.

and after it’s all gonna be settled and work as intended i’ll migrate db to v2.

I guess you have to break some eggs to make an omelet and learn.