So many errors in debug log, what do I do?

I have just checked the debug log

As you can see many errors

I am a total noob so any help / suggestions would be very gratefully recieved

On the face of it… The GUI seems to be working

But Like so many other noobs I have no idea if it is working right…

I am almost tempted to uinstall chia… reload latest version with the 24 words
But will it creat new debug log or new one???

We can’t see. :slight_smile:

Please tell us, simply, before anything: what have you tried to do, what did you see happen, what did you investigate. There’s absolutely now way of helping you if you don’t start with the basics.

Hi
I am a total noob
Built many PCs before but never did anything CLI

sdo, an example (there is a lot more)

******** wallet chia.wallet.wallet_node : WARNING No keys present. Create keys with the UI, or with the 'chia
****** full_node full_node_server : ERROR Exception: <class ‘concurrent.futures._base.CancelledError’>, closing connection {‘host’: *****:d7f:5501:bd9b:7c59:2f***5e0e’, ‘port’: 8444}. Traceback (most recent call last):**
**File “chia\server\server.py”, line 519, in api_call**
**File “asyncio\tasks.py”, line 435, in wait_for**
**concurrent.futures._base.CancelledError**
*******.201 wallet chia.wallet.wallet_state_manager: WARNING Starting in db path: C:\Users\Tony 2.chia\mainnet\wallet\db\blockchain_wallet_v1_mainnet**50715.sqlite
***4:56.057 harvester chia.harvester.harvester: WARNING Not farming any plots on this harvester. Check your configuration.
*****8.768 wallet chia.wallet.wallet_blockchain: ERROR Error during db transaction: ****6:38.772 full_node chia.full_node.full_node: ERROR Exception in create outbound connections:
****6:38.774 full_node chia.full_node.full_node: ERROR Traceback: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “chia\server\node_discovery.py”, line 302, in _connect_to_peers
File “asyncio\tasks.py”, line 595, in sleep
concurrent.futures._base.CancelledError

**2:19.155 wallet chia.wallet.wallet_state_manager: WARNING Starting in db path: C:\Users\Tony 2.chia\mainnet\wallet\db\blockchain_wallet_v1_mainnet_4****0715.sqlite
****19.340 wallet chia.rpc.rpc_server : WARNING Cannot connect to daemon at ws://localhost:55400

You’re on PC. So you need to learn the PowerShell command line.

Before you start Chia, you should learn how the command line works and the basic commands. If you don’t, you’re going to be frustrated and annoyed for a very long time. Invest a bit now in learning the command line so that future you is happier.

1 Like

The funny thing is
When you see the system running in GUI it all looks ok
And indeed, I suppose it may be ok???

Go through this doc and learn at least the first 1/3 of it: Introduction to the Windows Command Line with PowerShell | Programming Historian

Or at least learn all the way to and including this section: Introduction to the Windows Command Line with PowerShell | Programming Historian

1 Like

Wise words
And I am trying…
But, Its a very short length of time to take in soo much info
At least in my Old head

There’s no rush. Take an hour or two to learn PowerShell. It will make everything clearer to you. You’ll be able to understand the Chia wiki more easily too.

1 Like

Many thanks for the reply
and the links
I will have a go…

An hour or two…
Lol at my aged I could have died by then… lol

At this moment in time it might as well be chinese
roflol

This is where @roybot and me disagree: if everything looks OK in the GUI (which is pretty great Roy! :wink: ) then why would you look in the logs for trouble? :wink:

I, controversially, exclusively use the GUI, it’s good enough for a small farm. If you already have problems with the GUI then it’s much better to first figure out why that is, get your head around it and then try to figure out if any of the logs are related.

So: if the GUI looks great for you, what is it that you’re concerned about?

2 Likes

I too would realistically only use a GUI.

The whole basis for Chia is that an ordinary person can run a plot or two on anything…
I suspect that like me the ordinary man probably has never used a command line

Anyway, I like probably most user… was looking at my 40 odd plots and wondering if they really are working or not…
So I thought lets have a go, and loaded the debug file into notepad and saw the enormous number of warnings and errors…

You bring up a good point. Seeing blocks of errors with .py in them made me assume they were using the CLI to some degree.

If the GUI works, use the GUI!

2 Likes

So this is what I do to check that: Missing blocks? - #5 by cultiv

In short: on the Farm tab, you should see attempts about every 10 seconds, that means everything is pretty great (especially if it occasionally says 1/40 instead of 0/40… if you have exactly 40 plots - the number before the / is most important, the number after the slash is how many plots were checked). If you don’t see that… then it’s time to dig into the logs!

2 Likes

Brilliant…
Yes… it is then checking plots (have seen the 1st mumber go to one occasionally and the second no. is the 46 plots I have

Chia could probably do with some type of functional test… would stop all us noobs worrying

Many thanks to the both of you for the replies