Stand Alone Harvester Crashes with websocket exception

I have harvesting functioning on a different machine than my farmer (as designed).

The problem is my harvester crashes all the time.

To fix I have to restart the harvester software, it will run usually for about 1 more day and then crash again.

Attached is a snippet of the log at crash time.

Anyone know know what is going wrong here?

Websocket exception. Closing websocket with chia_harvester code = 1006 (connection closed abnormally [internal]), no reason Traceback (most recent call last):
	File "websockets\protocol.py", line 827, in transfer_data
	File "websockets\protocol.py", line 895, in read_message
	File "websockets\protocol.py", line 971, in read_data_frame
	File "websockets\protocol.py", line 1051, in read_frame
	File "websockets\framing.py", line 105, in read
	File "asyncio\streams.py", line 679, in readexactly
	File "asyncio\streams.py", line 473, in _wait_for_data
	File "asyncio\selector_events.py", line 814, in _read_ready__data_received
ConnectionResetError: [WinError 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
	File "chia\daemon\server.py", line 172, in safe_handle
	File "websockets\protocol.py", line 439, in __aiter__
	File "websockets\protocol.py", line 509, in recv
	File "websockets\protocol.py", line 803, in ensure_open
websockets.exceptions.ConnectionClosedError: code = 1006 (connection closed abnormally [internal]), no reason
1 Like

It looks like the error is

Websocket exception. Closing websocket with chia_harvester code = 1006 (connection closed abnormally [internal]), no treason

Yo! I’m getting this exact same error with the same exception in the debug.

Just gotta keep restarting when I notice it’s happened.

I’ve got a couple of remote harvesters which keep on going when the one on the main machine crashes, but it’s a bit bloody annoying to tell you the truth.

@tinycoins yes, it is very annoying.

I found others with the same problem. The only suggested fix was to use task manager to restart the service. So every hour I restart - it sucks.

Heeeey @Guarddog - any chance you could talk me through how to set up restarting every hour? What’s the magic button you used in task manager?

Thanks!

I have upgraded to the latest 1.2 version of Chia, my crashing problem has gone away.

Still having the problem here on Chia and all the forks. Both on farmers and dedicated harvesters. This is so frustrating!

I also have been having this problem since forever that my workaround was having to start cron job every 5 minutes to start all of the harvesters back, it’s so frustrating that this happened in all the forks, it appears the error is with the base chia code and the only thing that the dev had ever replied with is a bad plot problem.

it’s not, yes I’ve had bad plots that came up with badbit errors, I’ve deleted those plots and the error code 1006 still persists

There seems to be a proposed solution here