Stuck in the 0 XCH club? I built the first-ever Chia faucet, receive free Chia by claiming today!

The first-ever Chia faucet is paying out! You can claim some XCH today at https://chia.togatech.org/ by entering your wallet address and submitting. We will pay you in a few days, and you can claim from the faucet daily!

If you don’t believe us, check out our payment proofs page, where we show all of the withdrawals and statistics on pending/completed payments: Payment Proofs | Chia Faucet

We also have an FAQ where we answer many questions about how the claims are paid: FAQ | Chia Faucet

Thanks to the generous support of an anonymous donor, the faucet has 1 XCH in funds, and all of it is being given away to you for free!

In the future, we are adding more features to allow you to collect additional XCH, such as fun, arcade-style games that reward you in Chia.

We can’t wait to see where this amazing community will take this project. Please reply with any thoughts or suggestions!

4 Likes

I don’t really get what your incentive is to run this. Can you explain the point of faucets? Or are they just for fun?

5 Likes

No incentive except to help the community! The faucet gives away free Chia to users for clicking a button every day. It runs at a loss and requires donations, but we currently have 1 XCH in the pool, and I intend to give it all away to people in the community, especially those who have not yet received any XCH and are still at 0 balance.

3 Likes

That’s awesome, I dig it

1 Like

This will be really helpful for pools, where you might need to have a mojo to record on chain which pool you are farming in.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s actually a really interesting use-case that I never thought of! I’m sure that there will be many scenarios in the future where you do need a mojo or two to interact with something on-chain, and the faucet can be a quick and easy way to get them.

I can report back the faucet works! I know have about ~0,0102375 USD worth of Chia! :wink:

Not sure @FunEarnings how I got a payout of 0.0000075, I only recall entering my address twice and I thought the reward was supposed to be 0.0000025.

Also I would love to enter daily but the messaging is a tiny bit scary:

TO PEOPLE CLAIMING MORE THAN ONCE PER DAY OR USING BOTS, YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR LIFE.

Would it be a good idea to save a cookie when you claim and hide the form when I return and try to claim again in under 24 hours (including a countdown as to when I can claim again). It won’t stop people who want to cheat but it will be nice for people who are just enjoying doing this as daily casual task.

3 Likes

Originally, the reward was 0.000005 but due to increase of popularity and increase of Chia’s price, we have been decreasing the reward. When you first claimed, that was 0.000005, and second claim was 0.0000025 for a total of 0.0000075.

As for the message, we have removed that. We do have a system in place to check whether they have claimed within the past 24 hours, but somehow a bot circumvented that time checker to claim 10000 times within 12 hours. Luckily, we were able to cancel all of these claims in time, and we added a captcha and message for further deterrence. I think the message is probably unnecessary now given our upgraded anti-bot measures.

Thanks so much for your feedback! We have more exciting features on the way!

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification, great stuff! I would still love to see a timer so I don’t have to worry about causing extra load on your servers but I’m happy to learn I am not going to be banned! :wink:

1 Like

Yes, there should be a message if you try to claim more than once per day saying what time you can claim next, but I can definitely make it so that there is a timer to ease server load.

1 Like

This was very cool of you. You are a good person.

1 Like

Thanks so much for your compliments!

For the last three days, I have received an error when trying to claim from the faucet. The error is ‘unknown error. Please try again’. No matter how many times I try, after completing the capture, the error is the same.

Please advise.

Hello there, I run the TogaTech Faucet. I’ve checked backend and payments are running normally, and I tried claiming which went through. There may be some error with your internet connection or browser, but it seems like you tried a different browser. Please try a different device and see if that works.

Hello, thank-you for a quick reply. I haven’t been using a different browser. I have been using Brave browser on Windows 7 and it worked everyday up until 4 days ago. I have just tried Google chrome on Windows 7 and the error is the same: 'unknown error. Please try again." The Internet connection is working ok. Have there been any security updates on your network that might block Windows 7 client computers? I have tried restarting the PC, it doesn’t make any difference.

I’ve just tried it on a windows 10 client (chrome browser) and it is working.
I still can’t understand why it just stopped working on windows 7. Nevertheless, thank-you for your help.

1 Like

I understand what faucet is but I don’t know why people are being paid for free, could someone explain it a bit?

It’s called Charity… or strategy to get people to their website. Some of these are pools. Some just earning ads.

For upcoming pool protocol to be released soon, you need a mojo to create a pool NFT or pay transaction fee to switch pools. Where would you get the mojo? From the faucet or else buy xch from exchange or peers.

1 Like

There are a couple of reasons I built the first-ever Chia faucet. The first reason is that the official pooling protocol required a mojo to create the pool singleton/NFT for pool rewards, and even the official Chia devs hadn’t released a faucet yet to provide people with the required mojo (0.000000000001 XCH, a very small and cheap amount) for free (the devs did release a faucet a few days after mine). The second reason was because many people were frustrated with a 0 XCH balance and no farming rewards, so I wanted to spread hope by creating a faucet.

2 Likes

thanks because I very sad of been removed 1 mojo, than I back.
thanks you