Suspicious pools. What is happening?

This one is from Flexpool: link

This one from Pool Space: link

As you can see, farmer and pool values are different - because on pool farming 0.25 XCH goes directly to farmer and 1.75 XCH goes to the Plot NFT with the pool.

I do not have any clues about if reward split is done right or not - I would assume that they have done it right.

What is a concern for me is that if those pools are lying (supposedly) about their farmed blocks, nothing stops them from lying about anything else.

As said before, relationship between farmer and pool operators should be based on trust. And having open data that matches with the expectations and confirmable with the blockchain is a good level of trust.

Well it is a weekend here - if you really want to dig into it in details I suggest taking the confirmed_block_index and look back 100 blocks. The farmed blocks are going to be within that range.

1 Like

HPOOL has had 90% of the scams, cuz they are 90% of the pool space, today 80%.

Once your western pools enjoy say 20-30% of the scams then u to shall enjoy 20% of all the plots to say space-pool to be ‘fake’ the payouts will BK him in days, if not weeks.

I think you diss the fact that I speak a lot about the elephant in the room?? Why not? I have seen the damage to hpool with my own eyes, last month, last week and this week they attacked again some 10% of the plots being fake; They close new accounts and lock down withdrawls and rinse&repeat the ‘audit’

I tell u its’ coming to pool near you soon, given that space-pool the biggest is still only 2% of pool space, I would say 10x bigger and then he’ll be in a world of poop. IMHO HPOOL can tolerate the scams as theyre’ sitting on 10’s of 1,000’s of early free XCH ‘true whales’, but space-pool has a thread bare launch budget, they can’t afford to payout XCH they don’t own.

It’s nice to see people are checking pool reporting. However, the simplest answer is generally the correct one.

Q: How does a reward block have the same pool and farmer address? A: THE POOL IS ARE FARMING PLOTS USING THE POOLS ORIGINAL NFT! This isn’t rocket science people. Does anyone think pool operators aren’t farming on their own pools? If you’re running a pool the chances are very likely you are also one of the larger farms on that pool as well. Do the pool and farmer addresses have to be different? Unless someone can explain otherwise I see no reason why they must be. Do they have to be the same when a pool is farming on its own pool? Obviously not.

Q: How does a pool post rewards for blocks that don’t exist or are the same puzzle hash? A: There is obviously a mistake somewhere, either in checking or reporting. When tossing a coin between laziness/incompetence/simply making a mistake VS a grand conspiracy to somehow “trick” people, ill take the first option every time. I can guarantee sites are having issues reporting wrong information (like the same puzzle hash for all its blocks). Given the number of new pools and sites made, it’s inevitable.

The real question for all pools is, are they collecting and paying out rewards appropriately? This is up to the farmer to watch their points in the pool GUI to see if it is accurate on the pools sites for their payouts.

As for maxiopool, it’s still the best pool I’ve tried out of the few I’ve bounced between. I only joined it because flexpool was late to the game and maxiopool had a link I could join, plus I like the idea of not charging small farmers fees and the lifetime fee discount is super appealing. I’ve already received multiple payouts from them. They have excellent reporting statistics, including profits per share which greatly increase when they win a block. XCHpool’s reporting can’t be bookmarked and is complete garbage to the point the chia GUI is more useful. Even flexpool, which has been running eth farming for a while and delayed launching its chia pool to make their own pooling code, wasn’t reporting daily estimates properly. Apparently, I was going to make $180k a day for a little while there :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Let’s not go the route of Qanon and start trying to link coincidence to causality. Will there be shady pools? Shure there will, but it’s up to the farmers to watch their shares, rewards, and payouts to decide if they are going to stay or go. I don’t think people realize the effort it takes to organize and run an effective pool. It’s far too easy to just claim everything is a scam and the whole world is out to get you. The worst a pool can do is simply not pay out your rewards properly, but the GUI gives you the tools to realize if that is happening or not.

2 Likes

A pool by definition shares all reward, there used to be animals called ‘solo pools’ I don’t see anybody flying that banner.

It seems that chia-net started this mis-information about the miner getting 0.25 and the 1.75 going to the pool, but in fact the pool gets it all, the pool speaks for all; The pool shares with all;

Certainly the biggest problem here is that 99% of chia is newbs who don’t have a clue about ‘what is a pool’, some of us have been on pools for 10+ years so we have seen all this before;

I try to study all these pools and crap-clones and its all pretty much same-same, but I have been on HPOOL since April 2021, because I knew early that solo was impossible.

Everybody try’s to justify the re-plot or the NFT so out comes the big lies; In reality the stuff will pay out the same, by differences of a few cents maybe less.

With 200 official-pools, and +200 chia fork clones; They will attempt to lie & distract and make themselves appear more profitable, which is why you see so much FUD right now. The game was always already over, HPOOL won the pools, and Flax will win the chia coin space, probably settling for a few USD.

Much of the current panic is the free-fall collapse of XCH pricing, already now below $4/usd for 1,000 plots a day; ouch, but its worse cuz it will be $1/day in a month.

1 Like

All they can do is kick out the non-operable API faux ‘official pools’ if they’re smart enough to return the API call they don’t have to go away, but as you know most aren’t smart enough for that;

Besides the deal is up, everybody knows the scam is well known; The gravy days of faux sw to steal plots names and create fake-plots on hpool is rapidly coming to a close;

U all get what you wish for, once all these hackers&attacker start attacking your NFT pools with fake-plots; Remember HPOOL was seeing 20% at 15EB or 3EB of fake-plots, an enormous amount of crap; How can these tiny pools handle the coming abuse???

Oh, but Gene told us NFT doesn’t support ‘fake plots’ yep right. The security of chia is absymal, the rush to launch NFT was horrific, the nightmares are on the horizon.

They don’t have to handle it. The loopholes that existed in Hpool (and other hacked together pools) does not exist in today’s blockchain based contracts. Can they try something else? Sure. But that original BS is gone.

1 Like

I think you might be right. Or maybe not.

I have made a more detailed research from pool wallet accounts, published on the top post.

Regarding your pool, there are pool-protocol rewards but they are not traceable. The blocks you expose on the website has 16 and 18 blocks of difference with the confirmation blocks of the rewards.

To be trustable, you need to give exact and traceable information, so no one can doubt about your pool.

Offtopic: it is also weekend here, but if I run a pool and someone doubts about my pool honesty, I would be deeply concerned and would not just say it’s weekend. But just my personal opinion here.

1 Like

Please, the topic here is affecting several pools - none of them is HPOOL.

I would appreciate if we keep the conversation on the main point, so pools can clarify why this is happening.

I have made a deeply research on pool wallets, so we can see if they really receive rewards and how they track them.

There are a few pools that may be working correctly, so I have updated to top post to reflect that.

From chia wiki:

1.75 XCH is divided between the pool members, and 0.25 XCH goes directly to the farmer that won that block.

Sorry but you’re wrong @somemoar. the pool has no control over the .25xch which goes directly to the farmers wallet. Pools only control the 1.75xch. The pool also has no control over the plots either. Partial shares are the only tool pools have for estimating shared netspace.

I realize you’re here to spread FUD and propaganda so spelling this out might be a waste of time, but it’s important to clarify for anyone that comes along and reads your rants.

Pools will get attacked and they need to be ready for it. As for a flood of fake plots, pools can easily just ignore farms that are spamming their pool. If a pool goes offline the blockchain keeps on ticking because again the pool doesn’t control any farmer plots other than its own.

1 Like

Yeh, I’m not saying there aren’t going to be pools out there that lie about their fee or just take the first block reward and run. Diligence is good.

But maxiopool seems to be one of the better pools, both as a farmer (low fee, great UI), and from a transparency perspective; we know who they are.

They literally have a posted Australian business number.

https://abr.business.gov.au/ABN/View?id=25633935065

If they are running some kind of scam, they are really really bad at hiding who they are!

A better explanation is we don’t quite understand the nft pooling protocol yet. If I get some time today I will try to find the blocks myself if some else doesn’t find first… At this point I am legitimately curious how this flows through from start to end.

1 Like

You may be right. With the last update I did to the original post there seems to be possible that they are legit. There is no doubt that they are getting pool rewards properly.

The only missing piece is that the information they are giving about the block number does not match with the reward block and neither with the confirmation block. It would be really nice and a great exercise of transparency that they would fix this information.

I am completely willing to edit the post again to say that they are 100% legit if they can fix this information. I’ve already done that with some other pools in the original post that have resulted to be legit and demonstrated it with facts.

FYI Chia rewards any farmer whose plots pass the threshold and thus multiple pools and/or solo farmers can report earning rewards from the same block; unlike BTC or ETH which only rewards a single miner.

i.e with block 581830 there were 10 rewards issued: Chia (XCH) Block undefined | XCHscan
(note that xchscan currently only displays the farmer+pool address for one of the reward recipients and not all)

MaxioPool reports they were rewarded in this block and the Launcher ID of the winning farmer was: 567feacd2aed595fd8cebf626f008ccd9ffba3e18e4c6851b3ec802e7b44a213

A Launcher ID is also viewable as the TXN associated with the creation of the users NFT (where the sender is the owner): Chia (XCH) Transaction 0x567feacd2aed595fd8cebf626f008ccd9ffba3e18e4c6851b3ec802e7b44a213 | XCHscan

The sender/owner in this case is: Chia (XCH) Address xch1w9hlzgax3sycnaf5yzcrhuudrs8wazv2u5xqdejsea29av72ttxs9uxutl | XCHscan

You can see they are a recipient of farming rewards from block 581830.

so the flame hpool is getting because it’s run by Chinese and they cheat your 20% doesn’t seem to be reflective when it comes to western pools. interesting.

I’M RICH BITCH! here’s some amazing reporting at flexpool :wink:

Looks like modified html in dev mode… :smiley:

funny people still talk about hpool a scam lol, I got consistent XCH from hpool for months now. I have not even got 1 payout in over a week from 21 chia official pools. I going back to hpool until this BS is figured out why some pools winning more than their share, and some have nothing. What disaster, if I knew this I would have gave it another 2 months before I went official. And i still got over 50tb in hpool, I not converting that to official anytime soon until they fix this BS.

How can u be so sure, humans made chia-og poor security, same humans made new chia-pp; we have heard this all before ‘cannot be broken’

IMHO now that space-pool is near 500pb, and they have so many +1pb whale on board, they’re going to get hit, just like hpool;

It’s wasn’t the little fake plots that nearly killed hpool, it was whales with 200pb of ‘fake plots’

Don’t be so sure that some crypto-hacker can’t break and/or forge so called ‘contracts’, I guess we just have to wait a few days to hear the 'I told u so".

Just FUD, talking-points all along from chia-net on why to re-plot, they had many wild story’s, all were lies, now this is like one of the last myths that “Chia PP can’t be broken, or hacked, … BS”

I think space.pool is doing the same thing, on the leaderboard the lead whale at 6pb, he’s getting to date 25% of his true payout, so either he’s getting ripped off 4x, or the house is blowing up his metric by 4x.

Which is it? IMHO most likely space.pool is blowup their ‘total space 4x’ Because if this whale were real, he would be all the net complaining; silence is generally an indication that everybody knows the scam

space.pool, click leaderboard, follow the data, the puzzle-hash, to the public address and see the real, open the mind & the eyes

Lastly, all things being equal “HPOOL is currently at 90pb, and space-pool at almost 500PB”, … hmmmmmm how could space-pool the midget miner-pool come out on top of the king-whale out of the PP gate?

Then there’s a third argument, that space-pool has already been hit with an enormous amount of ‘fake plots’ and doens’t have the ‘right stuff’ to do an audit.