Suspicious pools. What is happening?

I’m not the Chia expert, nor do I know much about blockchain, about cryptocurrency even less. Pool are novelty to me, this entire landscape is new to me.
What I do know is communication skills and strategies.

It seems that in this tread particularly there is an attempt to create polarization about the subject and animosity against technology in subject.
There is an active attempt by username somemoar to reduce cognitive complexity in discourse in order to activate emotional response by which further polarization is imminent.
I don’t know much about the argument in place, but I notice that other users like dontfoolusplz are trying to keep the subject on course and discourse in argumented manner.

This is just my observation from above that I noticed and wanted to point out.

As for the subject itself, it seems very interesting from emerging technology perspective. As with this pandemic, there are a lot of uncertainties, fear and lack of coordination in best effort. Wrongdoing is expected, people will notice untrustworthy behavior and will leave.
Yes, some of the wrongdoers will profit, but since this early in this technology I think that transparency is long term success strategy since it is sustainable over time, while cheating is high risk-high-gain short strategy.

I think a lot of honest and clever people noticed that it would be profitable to run a pool but it quickly turned out to be much more that they are able to chew with their skills and resources. Same as in any new technology.

6 Likes

I can tell you exactly how.

But my ideas are just crazy.

He’s optimized.
To the point where the network thinks he has that much storage.

Huh weiiiiiiierddddddd

Suuuuuucha mystery

plz also dig into onepool.com and copool.com

Why are they blowing up their size? Making a mouse look like an elephant? Because they can, because everybody is terrified to think for themselves.

No the entire justification for re-plot was the NFT (PP) was going to pay out MOAR, well like all else CHIA “They Lied”.

The problem with ‘payouts’ is they’re real what’s paid to a person cold storage wallet address; The problem with the baby-pools is they’re all fudging their numbers, the only thing they can’t fudge is payout cuz that is real money, but the crap on mining-pool-stats is just API feed from the baby-pools; PAYOUT is real $$$ can’t be faked and is recorded on chia-explorer.

What I do is study the pool say space-pool and look at the whale reported ‘wins’, then I get the puzzle-hash, then go to the explorer and change the puzzle-hash to an address, then see how much $$$ they got, and its always 1/4 what the space-pool reports; So that right there tells me their fudge number are 4x fake, which makes sense as all other pools are 100PB or less and space-pool is 500PB.

onepool.com a chinese pool PP(NFT) with 15pb, that two blocks per day win if true easy to verify

copool.com is a rea chinese pool that is OG and part of the chia consortium 500pb

onepool is new, copool is old

The cost of entry into a pool is low, all the source is open, just like chia-clones, anybody can do it, just like chia-pools for NFT/PP, anybody can do it;

The fact that they FAKE their numbers is an old story given that they’re all the same code, then only way they can ‘stand out’ is to fudge the numbers or spend money on marketing.

Here’s an idea, the OP didn’t call for psycho-babble, he asked for verification, he asked for people to check out these pools to determine if the data reported is real. U have told us you can’t do this because your ignorant of the subject matter, so pray tell WHY R U HERE?

And I’m Charles Montgomery Plantagenet Schicklgruber Burns

1 Like

Talking about suspicion well space-pool has gone on the defensive on this OP;
NOBODY said that space-pool was cheating anybody, you can’t cheat a ghost

WHat is said is the number have been inflated to make them appear bigger than they really are. That is all that was said, never was it said that space-pool is ripping ppl off, they’re just trying to make a guppy look like a whale;

In response to chia’s assertion “We don’t steal or cheat”, if we were cheating, ppl would be complaining.

Not true, why would a fake user, complain about not getting a fake reward; Nobody said anybody was getting ‘cheated’, just saying the funny numbers are being inflated. All the other NFT clones are less than 100PB, space-pool is over 500PB, I’m seeing payouts 1/4 as advertised, I’m sure all the nft-pools are lying, this is a chia habit.

I personally don’t care about anything spacepool does. I refuse to farm there for my own reasons.

Somemoar desperately wants to apply exact math to a system that is all estimates on top of random wins. I haven’t decided if I’m going to stop reading their posts or just start reporting them for spamming chat with blatant lies and intentional inaccuracies.

I will point out that Spacepool doesn’t actually need to inflate anything. Spacepool is a YOUTUBE pool from a channel that blew up making chia videos. Their channel has over 43,000 subscribers and 2,178,089 views.

1 Like

Just read the entire thread in one go, this is what I got from it:

• Props to the OP for doing the work.
    • It was an interesting read.
    • Looks to me that new pools are trying to look bigger to attract more farmers.
    • Some new pools are claiming won blocks to look more appealing to farmers.
      • These blocks might not exist.
    • Higher PB farmers probably haven’t converted they’re plots to NFT plots yet, but their total plot size is inflating the pool size?
      • Wins on OG plots aren’t being distributed to pool, no surprises there…
  • The ‘bro-math’ is doing my head in.
  • The conspiracy theory is doing my head in.
1 Like

The Russian read the entire thread, and walkaway with knowledge.

The fools read the title line on the OP subject bar and jump in an comment, and walk away content.

NY Times say that in time +90% of all conspiracys end up being true, funny how just reporting number’s can be called ‘conspiracy’, but then the woke have also declared ‘war on math’, its raycist.

There is always suspicion when you look for it, its just that these days the era of ‘investigative journalism’ has been 100% neutered and long ago “Question Authority” meant something, today it means your not-woke, and many are calling for a death sentence on the unwoke.

Number’s don’t lie, People lie; Every bot is a sentiment bot, driven by his/her algo; Then you have the paid influencers who are paid 0.000000000000001xch per post, just to mention their brand.

Insanity not conspiracy.

I keep making the mistake of reading your posts. And you do sound like a raving lunatic. Why are you here? What do you contribute to this forum? When do you sleep?

Can I have my time back please?

6 Likes

A perfect analysis of @somemoar posts.

2 Likes

You can block users in your profile and their posts will be hidden.
I don’t see those posts any more and the forum is much less cluttered.

Perhaps using artificial intelligence it is possible to create a bot that creates troll-like posts based of input from previous posts. Maybe you’re not dealing with a human at all. That would explain the quantity of posts, the word salad and repeated phrases from previous posts.

3 Likes

Good advice, normally I wouldn’t think to block people because I’m worried I might miss some important information, or the thread might stop making sense. But in this instance, I’m fairly sure its safe to add this individual to my ‘ignore, forever.’ list. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

We’re not. At 34PB now. Slow march up haha

Also, when you see a user posting material that you feel is not contributing to the community please flag them (probably as Inappropriate). It’s the best way to bring it to the mod’s attention and to reduce their negative impact on the community

You are sooo confident about this, PROVIDE EVIDENCE. Link to a farmers dashboard and the assiciated transactions.

Well, i would trust you more than somemoar… Of all word he used in “what he is” only “i” 'am" “a” and “and” really apply to him. The rest? Lies and very doubtable

1 Like

They don’t care. If they would care AT ALL, this somemoar guy would already have been banned. He openly insults people as gay, retards, openly hates on gay and obviously is either homobphobic or scared to come out of his closet.

this forum offers him a platform to publicitly hate on minors and they do nothing about it.

1 Like