Syncing until up to date and then immediately not synced

Hello dear folks.

So a while back I built a very nice machine with the sole purpose of plotting and farming Chia. It worked very well, until about a month ago.
Now, it updates until it catches up, and immediately goes to Not Synced and stops syncing. I have port 8444 open and it’s connected to oodles of other nodes. What could I be doing wrong here? It is the only machine farming on my network, I have UPnP off, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated…

Thank you from the Pacific coast. :smiley:

Farming machine should have upnp on.

I will try that and report back. Thank you

It’s worth mentioning that if you modded the config.yaml then updated the mods might have vanished, so if you had modded anything maybe try reapplying those mods.

Increase log verbosity, check chia logs, check firewall logs for clues

actually, UPnP was on, and I didn’t modify anything. so back to square one.

Blockquote rfc2324

12m

Increase log verbosity, check chia logs, check firewall logs for clues"

I use the GUI, so there is no log. If you mean the debug.txt in the logs folder, it says things like this :wink:

2021-09-01T13:31:38.108 full_node full_node_server : WARNING Trying to ban localhost for 10, but will not ban
2021-09-01T13:31:38.108 full_node asyncio : ERROR Task exception was never retrieved
future: <Task finished coro=<ChiaServer.incoming_api_task..api_call() done, defined at chia\server\server.py:482> exception=CancelledError()>
concurrent.futures._base.CancelledError
2021-09-01T13:31:38.108 full_node full_node_server : ERROR Exception: <class ‘concurrent.futures._base.CancelledError’>, closing connection {‘host’: ‘127.0.0.1’, ‘port’: 8449}. Traceback (most recent call last):
File “chia\server\server.py”, line 531, in api_call
File “asyncio\tasks.py”, line 435, in wait_for

2021-09-01T13:34:13.523 full_node full_node_server : WARNING Cannot write to closing transport 138.118.116.129
2021-09-01T13:36:07.948 full_node full_node_server : ERROR Exception: <class ‘concurrent.futures._base.CancelledError’>, closing connection {‘host’: ‘140.246.182.94’, ‘port’: 8444}. Traceback (most recent call last):
File “chia\server\server.py”, line 531, in api_call
File “asyncio\tasks.py”, line 435, in wait_for

I’m assuming you’ve tried restarting the machine?

many times. and the router. and upgraded the router’s firmware. and tried disabling the firewalls, all to no avail

The behavior you mention in the 1st post is normal. The GUI takes the ‘height’ at the time you start syncing, syncs up to that level, but, by then the height is gone beyond that, so it says ‘not synced’ again and continues to resync to the new height. Usually, for me, it only does that once, and is fine. If you have a slow system, it might repeat.

In your case, the logs indicate there is something else going on, as the 1st error says it is trying to ban ‘localhost’… which is you… or should I say your local system. Not seen that before, doesn’t seem right. The 2nd error, I believe is different and not connected to the 1st, and can be ignored.

However, I’m far from most knowledgeable here re: these error messages… so take the above advice with that in mind and others can chime in what they think.

PS R u running 1.2.5?

I was running 1.1.5. Upgrading now to see if it fixes things. Thank you

Thank you Fuzeguy. The update fixed it! Yay! :smiley: