The future looks like tape > hdd

This does not help you.

What if, what if, what if. Just like I said, it would take another leap in technology (or ten leaps) to get tape to perform storage fast enough for use in Chia.

there gonna be 1cm little cubic crystal size of 1pb for starters :microscope:

2 Likes

The only person saying this is you, because its your defense mechanism for being confronted with reality instead of your own fantasy that requires numerous changes to existing technology in the marketplace to work as you dream it should…

there is nothing wrong with dreaming, but you are rejecting facts that directly counter what you are dreaming of… 1st that HDDs are hitting some peak and unable to move forward, but currently in the marketplace they are actively testing 32TB drives as numerous datacenters around the world… 2nd that using a RAID10 of 100 tapes would somehow mitigate the seek times end to end on said tape, using a multiple of 100x doesn’t reduce latency end to end by 100x, it remains the same because you still only have 1 head to perform the function on each tape (this is why I said JUST to entertain you, the only solution would be MUCH smaller tapes and thus many more heads to reduce end to end latency but then you dramatically increase the cost to where HDD/SSD is cheaper).

I get it, you think “I said something in the past, now everything I say is true, just wait and see” but there is nothing in active production currently to support your comments, literally nothing. Could you tape something existing and modify it? Well I already answered that above and why its not done, because then you make other methods cheaper and better.

Like I said, if you created the results you claim are possible, billion dollar companies would be pounding down your door to solve their existing storage problems, because you would be saving them billions, but you aren’t going to do that because you don’t even grasp how RAID10 and seek times on tape physically work, so all you have left is spouting off demeaning and belittling things.

But hey, cool story about you thinking you predicted something in the past that nobody could have known (except the whitepaper that discussed it), I once met a clock like you, it was right twice a day too.

4 Likes

I wish I saved the photo when some joker lined up a row of thumb drives in here. The setup was like this USB ASIC setup only it was a row of Sandisks or some nonsense. Funny as heck.

4 Likes

What do you mean? Just raid some of these together

6 Likes

Tape could be cheap per TB. How much is a tape drive?

1 Like

a 18tb native/ 45tb compressed storage for just 100$. real world.

How to read this $100 tape?

@jack6070 Do not bother, we are waiting for moderation to come back and ban this guy.

Chia plots are not compressible so you have to go with the face value for the tape storage. Also LTO tape readers are very expensive. It’s not worth it for Chia, it has been debunked since before Chia even launched - at least 4 years ago.

3 Likes

I have been using tape drives with Chia for years – since October of 2013.
It’s a simple matter of extracting the plot’s iconometric elements, and triaxelating a recursion matrix.

Over the years, I have further enhanced the process with multi-phasic, paraphoretic actuators, which keeps the dilithium crystal converter assembly from getting fused.

3 Likes

ok without going further into possible or impossible here.

the technical side of tape drives from 16gb (uncompressed) are approximately the following:

rewind speed 8m/s
tape length: 800m - 1100m

i think everyone can decide for himself how much this makes sense :wink:

have a nice day

i belive thats make sense.
you can build new pool and you start accept proof +100 seconds. higher plot files will be better for tape i belive.
so that will work.

1 Like

It’s not worth it for chia? Every tb counts.
No one’s taken the initiative you mean?
Also can you prove where exactly it’s Been debunked? No.

And again we’re talking about way In The future for chia.

U type with such certainty. Certainly wrong that is.

Site your sources for once.

Back up all your talk.

All I know is everything iv said to come to , has happened.

And No one’s coming to ban me. You’re lying to urself and everyone and I’m so sick of it.
You’re not moderation.
Stop acting like you know them personally or something it’s a joke.
Just another one of your falsehoods.

We’re here talking about chia farming strictly. Do u even do that?
Because any giga crap just isn’t applicable. And probably never will be.

Innovations the game. Why do you even think good coins are created? To drive innovation.

So Here I am being innovative and they’re you are,
being rude.

Just think of a 50 rack san filled with tape. With over 3pb of storage. Costing around 4k$ in tape. Then run those numbers roi.
Far far better boat than we are all currently in.

But you excusing an inovative idea is truly just typical. Regardless of what I have to say, you’re just gonna disagree so go disagrees somewhere else troll.

If anything ur just jeliouse boring and stale. And have nothing to input but pitching something that isn’t even actually chia. Low key tho. It’s gros.

You must use a lot of different types of .exe’s huh… My entire farms inside of a freezer. It’s how iv broken thru the matrix entirely. Forget the actuators. Use a simple fulcrum. And run it at 1.35 volts. Way more stable plot decarboxylation. But also if you use giga horse at the same time, youl be super rich! :rofl::open_mouth:

Proofs expire well before 100 seconds, what you need at this point is a new blockchain

As I’ve said (and other people too) despite what people want to keep believing, this has been debunked from the first Chia publications that came online many years ago

How much it that LTO tape drive. You need one tape drive for one tape, no?

this is an extremely high end solution… but is exactly what im talking about. tech like this willlll make its way to consumers.

Store up to 1.04 EB compressed data per 18-frame library and up to 39 PB compressed data in a 10 square foot library.

a 45tb drives only 100$ currently

ultimate efficiency. ultimate density. just need to work on that speed. im sure ibm has a proprietary solution for quick data retrieval in a library like this already