There's a new dashboard in town šŸ˜Ž - introducing farmr.net

No. No kids needed. Check my video. Monitoring your Chia farm and plots using Farmr Software - YouTube

couple quick questions about farmrā€¦ for my windows full node. and my ubuntu harvester.

is it really so painful to get farmr going in windows.? I need docker and portioner?
ubuntu is so easy in comparison.

Not sure why you would need those.
Should run just fine on Windows without any messing about.

2 Likes

another question is how when setting up harvester on ubuntu. its asking for my path to (e.g.: /home/user/chia-blockchain)

but I just reinstalled my farmers using chia ppa with aptā€¦ so im not sure where my chia blockchain is locatedā€¦
I donā€™t have to ā€œactivateā€ anymore and its Wonderfull btw

I canā€™t help with Linuxā€¦

Try /usr/lib/chia-blockchain.

Running dpkg-deb --contents chia-blockchain_1.3.4_amd64.deb shows that most everything is installed to /usr/lib/chia-blockchain.

The main executable /usr/lib/chia-blockchain/chia-blockchain is also installed as a symlink in /usr/bin/chia-blockchain, so you can run chia-blockchain from anywhere.

You can also use gdebi-gtk to look at the package (the same thing you use to install it). Click the file icon to the left of ā€œInstall Packageā€ to list the included files.

1 Like

extremely helpful thank you.
saved me some time for sure.

my next issue appears to be with flutter or something
im getting a bunch of empty boxes. but I have the link to my farmā€¦

tried different browsers and different computers

thank you for your time

f

I sware im good at this stuff usually,
this are all clean installs. vms and ct with no purpose other than to serve chia alone.
I figured this would be walk in the park.
basic
gui windows 10 full node.
harvesters are ubuntu latest lxc containers.
all in a hyper v clusterā€¦

Not sure about the blank boxes, as Iā€™ve never used farmer. Is it able to read the logs on the node, connect to it, and is the log level cranked up to INFO?

Some had mentioned it having some issues recently, maybe itā€™ll start working soon if everything in the application itself seems happy.

Changes that itself, on Windows anyway.

Itā€™s dropped 3 times this past fortnight server side, but not in last 24hr.

That little red tractor farmer shouldnā€™t be red, your farmer is not connected / active / communications properly.

thereā€™s nothing wrong with the farm currently im synced and logs agree. earning chia from nfts every few hours.

the only thing not working is farmr stillā€¦

I thought it used a web server to parse data. not read log infoā€¦
but nothing I have is hidden or behind firewalls I donā€™t thinkā€¦
does windows need any special configuration to get out going?
it seemed like most of it was automatedā€¦

so mine is not actually located there. or anywhere I can find or locate
iv searched system high and lowā€¦ best I got is
locate chia-blockchain
/var/cache/apt/archives/chia-blockchain-cli_1.3.4_amd64.deb
/var/lib/dpkg/info/chia-blockchain-cli.list
/var/lib/dpkg/info/chia-blockchain-cli.md5sums

again ive install harvester with apt and chia ppaā€¦
I have a .chia directory
but no chia-blockchain directory.

farmr doesnā€™t like it.

Ah, looks like you grabbed the chia-blockchain-cli package instead of the full version.

If you look at the contents of the deb file, it shows everything getting installed to /opt/chia.

yay! u found my install!

sadly thoā€¦ it appears farmr doesnā€™t like the path being /opt/chiaā€¦

maybe ill just rename it
the contents are still the same as the correct chia-blockchainā€¦

but im sure that this will break something.

Could not locate chia binary in your directory.
(/opt/chia/venv/bin/chia not found)

I literally just reset my harvesters with fresh repository install with aptā€¦ much more convientā€¦ until nowā€¦

farmr must require the whole kit and caboodle and not just the cli version. Wich is crap.

It reads log info afaik, on initial install I remember seeing something in screen where it changed my log level to INFO.

Doubt it would do that if it wasnā€™t scanning them.

Nope, I just make sure to open the correct farmr window, thereā€™s one thatā€™s just for hpool I think besides the normal one all packaged together.

so I renamed it butttt
also noticingā€¦ how deep farmr takes controlā€¦ its like a virus u infect ur farm with
it takes full control.
lots of trusting people out there if it needs access like thisā€¦

Specify your chia-blockchain directory below: (e.g.: /home/user/chia-blockchain)
/opt/chia-blockchain
Could not locate chia binary in your directory.
(/opt/chia-blockchain/venv/bin/chia not found)
Please try again.
Make sure this folder has the same structure as Chiaā€™s GitHub repo.

ur correct. defiantly changed log lvlā€¦ but it really shouldnā€™t need that,
or maybe its a secondary form of data collection for itselfā€¦
whatever the case this seems extremely invasive
I thought it was just hosting a server that parsed the freely available info coming out of my full nodeā€¦ this seems to do alot more digging aroundā€¦ and is modeled to go into every single file EXACTLY as the GitHub has itā€¦

I dunno
Ive Ben called paranoid before.
wish I could here from creator
still
windows is all sorted and connectedā€¦ except my bosses all being emptyā€¦
harvesters seems like a lost causeā€¦

Sooo, it looks like neither of the Debian packages include the venv setup like a manual or source installation do. Iā€™m not sure if that is a requirement for farmer or if thereā€™s a way around it.

Basically these Debian packages arenā€™t structured in the same way and also donā€™t need the virtual environment to work. Best bet is to install from source for now.

It reads and parses the log files to understand what is happening with the farm. This is how it knows when you farm a block, along with everything else it keeps track of and reports on. These log events are shipped to their remote server which processes the events into notifications and displays them in the farmer app.

As mentioned in the FAQ, it also issues a few Chia commands to get some basic farm info as well.

so some of the ā€œfeaturesā€ farmer does isā€¦
collects all your rpc info.
changes log lvl. (who knows what els)
than collects all your log dataā€¦
gains admin privs over your farm.
sends it to remote server for aggregationā€¦
than serves you that dataā€¦
cool ya no thanks
sorry

beautiful ui tho ill admit. I like flutter.

than just serves all that data out on an open portā€¦ so you can get notifications and view your farmā€¦
isnā€™t that the exact same as just opening the ports to the rpc infoā€¦
not sure what lvl encryption farmr usesā€¦

but I do know for sure
The Chia node and services come with a JSON RPC API server that allows you to access information and control the services. These are accessible via HTTP, WebSockets, or via client SDKs.

The ports can be configured in ~/.chia/mainnet/config/config.yaml.
The RPC ports should not be exposed to the internet.
TLS certificates are used to secure the communication.

New (not so new, but just noticed it lol) farmr 1.8.1.3 w/improvements plus also false start/stop reporting fixed in 1.8.1.2 & some customizations.

1 Like