(Tip) "Pen and paper" method for finding the right staggers for your plots

What turned me off to plotman was the need to setup rsyncd even when the plotter and farmer are on the same machine.

Maybe it’s easier than I expect?

Hi rkalla! Iv’e been following your plotter build and i ordered my stuff at roughly the same time as you. I’ve also been trying to dial stuff in. One tool that has helped me was the “chia plot simulator” at https://www.chiaplotsimulator.com You can upload your plot log files there and it lays them out in a neat chart where you can se phase timings and overlap much in the same way as you did.

I also dabbled a bit with Swar but felt it was a bit over my head. I have yet to find a simple guide to what to put in the config file.

1 Like

I really like the parsing and visualization, but I"m finding that dialing in my machine is 100% manual.

I had such bad data on the behaviors of the plots that I literally started all over again, recording the log times of 1 plot, 2 in parallel, 3, 4… up to 7 (because I only have 2TB plot drive space)

The only nuance in my setup is that with 6 in parallel, I can do 3 and 3 on the 2 separate 1TB drives.

If I find that doing 7 in parallel is faster, that means i Need to setup a RAID 0 array in the BIOS between the two drives.

I should wrap up the timing of the 6 in parallel here in 4hrs and then I’ll do the RAID 0 array and the 7 tonight and collect that timing in the morning.

Yeah but I’d rather invest in total storage space than in faster plotting hardware.
Just my take on it. I could be wrong…