Tool to create list of Transactions for Linux Farmer

By the way, try this url to get XCH pricing - https://www.coingecko.com/price_charts/export/15174/usd.csv

Thanks for that. I had another user point me to that file from CoinGecko… I hesitate to set that up because I’m not a tax professional and I’m not sure the laws. I’ve heard people using the price at Midnight and other who used the price at the exact time of their transaction. I might consider doing it, if I could get both pricing histories or find API that could give the price at an exact moment in the past.

My understanding is that you may not want to use the time when trans happened. However, you can use any time you want, as long as it is the same for all transactions, or either max or low, but not mix those (just either max for all or min for all). It looks like they are looking for consistency.

However, I also have no clue about the tax side, so not sure what is the value in what i said :slight_smile:

Or maybe to us it looks simple, as whatever we do and it is consistent, it should be good, on the other side, on the tax side, whatever the regulation says is what needs to be done.

By the way, that one script runs both in bash (on Linux), and not modified in Power Shell?

I just copied it to my Win box, but it started to complain on “usage ()” closing paren, and was just downhill from there.

Do I need to enable bash support in Power Shell (or something like that)?

UPDATE
Forget it. You have PS version on your github page. I missed that.

1 Like

Got it working (in PS)! Super! Thank you!

UPDATE
I have installed openssh server on my Win box, and ssh port forwarded port 9256 to my linux box. With that, I can connect remotely to that Win box using localhost:9256 on Linux.

With that setup, alltxs.json file is created really fast, but somehow processing that file is really slow (~2 sec per transaction, or in my case ~20mins to complete) comparing to PS script (more or less instantaneous). Although, Linux is a VM running on an old 10W Athlon, where Win is a mobile i5 8250.

2 Likes