Trolls are chatting about methods to farm on multiple pools at the same time

as for the blockchain itself (not pools), no you cannot win 2x by copying a plot and farming it twice… the unique signature of the plot ensures that.
If a plot is copied, farmed twice… then the fasted submitted one wins.

That’s why buying plots made with keys from someone else is a bad idea… The seller can sell the same plots to 10 different people and the plots get farmed 10x… but only one will submit the fastest and win for a lucky plot that passes the puzzle with the networks difficulty.

Plots made with your keys can only be farmed by you (holding the private key), so that’s why PaaS (plots as a Service) does work…

1 Like

These people are trying to spoof the pool, not the Chia network. The network has safeguards for what you speak of. The pools probably don’t. Much easier to spoof the pool than Chia.

2 Likes

Hi,

do you mean to buy plots with my Public Keys is not safe???

No, plots made using your farmer public key and pool public key and sold to you as a service, are safe for you to use as these two public keys are public by definiton, they are linked to your private key, which is not revealed to anyone, unless you reveal it.

Buying a ready made farm is more problematic. You can only farm someone elses farm by having their private key that the plots were made with. They can have a copy, either written down, on a computer or just memorised. I am told that’s okay if you set the farming rewards address to the public receive address of a second “cold” wallet that you own, a second private key that you create with as much attention to it not being stolen by malware etc as you can manage*. then store offline. Any reward is instantly sent to your cold wallet, and cannot be stolen by the former owner. However, I am not 100% convinced of this, it sounds too easy.

*Some people might do this on an entirely new computer which should have had no risk of being compromised, I just installed Chia on a machine I have not used for any crypto related activity. Created a key, saved the mnemonic safely offline (paper printout for example), copied the public receive address, then uninstalled chia and deleted all reference to chia anywhere on the machine.

2 Likes