Update on my plight

Do you still have mnemonics for other wallets? I would first check those other wallets, and if you find it there, decide which one you want to use, xfr everything to that one (say to the one you have open right now), and change Space pool payout address to reflect this wallet. I think that this is your case.

I see that from the info you provided and I followed the details on space, but the information does not match and it may be the yaml file as I was on Maxio before they went under. What # do I change in the yaml file as I don’t want to screw up things? Why can’t chia make this easy…LOL Lastly, my address must be good as I recouped everything from the blockchain when it rebuilt the wallet. I have lots of incoming from the chain as well as the faucet. Oie Vay…LOL

Upon closer examination, my yaml file matches my wallet target addresses. Now, Im really lost…Any suggestions?

Larry, i think the .25 XCH is on the wallet address you posted in your original post on the syncing troubles.
xch1ufx3uvr4gghajhz579ujvq2fmulagvxl897p9k2szmm7eaqzulvqqh39kd
Chiaexplorer.com shows .25 in there!

Then how come I don’t see it in my wallet…? It says 0 for XCH total chia farmed and 0 for block rewards…I see all my partials come in when I synched on the 15th but no .25. The block was won at 5:08 pm and nothing. I had a couple of plots going but I did receive my 24 hr payouts from space.

Type To Date Status Amount Fee
Incoming xch1xek0hfryrx72n20qrqay3elgcgz6j5zhxh0x553zvt97y0fexndqsccx86 11/16/2021 9:53:34 PM Confirmed at height 1152379 0.022821864896 0
Incoming xch1xek0hfryrx72n20qrqay3elgcgz6j5zhxh0x553zvt97y0fexndqsccx86 11/15/2021 9:33:52 PM Confirmed at height 1147524 0.010080673881 0
Incoming xch1xek0hfryrx72n20qrqay3elgcgz6j5zhxh0x553zvt97y0fexndqsccx86 11/15/2021 3:31:36 PM Confirmed at height 1131485 0.000001 0

So as you can see, I got a winning from space at 3:31 but then back to the 24 hour cycle and nothing from the block chain at .25…Anyone have thoughts?

so that # is in my yaml file…IS there something that needs to be changed to get it? TY asl always to all! :slight_smile:

Does it not show in the Farm section of the GUI either?
The .25 is now in that specific reward address that should be part of your wallet (coupled to your mnemonics). Not sure why your wallet does not show it.
But you can check and change the address for the .25 in the Farming Section of the GUI, the three dots in upper right corner allow you to change farmer and pool reward addresses. I guess the farmer address is still the one the .25 went to, if you want future payouts elsewhere change it there. These are not pool addresses from Space, those are in the Pool section!

no it does not show in the farm GUI…if I change these items will I still be getting my pool payouts?

Pool payouts are directed from the nft itself and changed on the nft itself from pool tab. ( I think so anyway , I set all 3 of those addresses the same. It’s entirely possible I’m wrong there, and thats where the 1.75 goes if self pooling. First day pooling… but if you set all 3 the same you’ll be fine.)

The .25 payout is directed from manage farming rewards, that is accessed

Yes, you will still be getting pool payouts on the address assigned in the Pool section of the GUI.
The adresses in the Manage Farming Rewards only apply to OG plots or self-pooling with NFT plots.
The payouts from Space Pool are just incoming funds, not farming rewards. That’s the difference in the amounts in the Farm section and the Wallet section. When pooling with a pool, the amounts in the Farm section should only by .25 or multiples of that, depending on number of blocks farmed.
Still that does not explain why you don’t see the .25 of the block farmed on the 15th. Btw Chia Explorer shows the .25 reward timestamp at 02:08 AM on the 16th. This is the difference of the block your rig found (1146654) and the block your farmer reward was a bit later confirmed in (1146659).
Still that does not explain…
You do see all received pool-payouts in your wallet, accumulated from before and after the duststorm/upgrade situation?
If so, you must be using the same private key (24 word mnemonics) as before the duststorm/upgrade issues and your earlier receive address [xch1ufx3uvr4gghajhz579ujvq2fmulagvxl897p9k2szmm7eaqzulvqqh39kd] leading back to that private key should be accumulated in the wallet-totals as well?!?
If it does not (obviously) i’m lost for answers, maybe someone else has ideas of put it up to the devs in keybase.

1 Like

Lil update on .11, working fine so far.
Just moved a disk as replotting to nft plots, I’ve 4 days now to leave it be and see what happens.

On retrospect, I think .10 dropping was due to me moving a usb mouse between boxes.
My usb externals seem to drop whenever anything else gets plugged or unplugged causing issues.

I use RDP to connect to all my boxes, it really works great, but you need on the remote side either Win 10 Pro, or XRDP on Linux.

Yes, everything came back with zero issues. This is why it does not make sense. Also, as mentioned, why don’t I see the block farmed in my Chia Gui? Yes, I have not changed anything and use the same mnemonics. I will see what the devs say, but lately, they are not answering in a well informed manner as they seem to be very distracted on other items vs. our issues.

If I remember correctly, you at one time installed v 1.2.10 and did enter a passphrase on startup.
This version did not bring any luck so later on you reinstalled 1.2.9.
1.2.9 is totally unaware of the encryption option in 1.2.10, let alone the need to ask for a passphrase.
Do you remember starting up 1.2.9, were you asked to provide the 24 word mnemonic, or was it possible to click on the ‘private key with public fingerprint xxx’ button and did you so?
If that was the case maybe 1.2.9 can not access the encrypted keys.
This should give a bright red warning of course but maybe this situation was overseen at testing by the devs.
The pool payout address is possibly located elsewhere so still recoverable for 1.2.9.
I have zero knowlegde about this and it is a very long shot, but this is the only thing out of the ordinary in your specific situation with all the troubleshooting and reinstalling things I can think of possibly explaining why your wallet does not encompas your earlier farming reward address.

EDIT: tried this on a ubuntu VM, installed 1.2.11 and setup a passphrase, then removed 1.2.11 and installed 1.2.9. Had to enter full mnemonics so 1.2.9 would build keys from that and thus no ‘encrypted’ keys issue. Can’t imagine Windows version would be any different?!?

Just to get Larry’s history:

1. was trying to install v1.2.10 during the dust storm, and it was going nowhere
  2. followed that with v1.2.11, and ended up with over a week of syncing leading basically nowhere
  3. dropped version to v1.2.9, still no luck
  4. still on v1.2.9,
    4.1. pointed db folders to a new NVMe (i.e., killing the old db)
    4.2. reduced number of peers to 20
  5. when starting chia, it had three “private key with public fingerprint …” entries
  6. entered mnemonics
  7. confirmed mnemonics to one of those fingerprints
  8. restarted chia, used fingerprint, and let it continue to sync at “full speed”

I am not sure, whether all three wallet dbs were recreated, or just the one connected to mnemonics.

Also, my understanding is that the new “password” stuff is creating an encrypted file. Do you know, where is that file placed? Also, if that file would be removed, does it imply that the password option is cleared, (s long as mnemonics are used to start chia (that would basically render that password option worthless)?

I believe it says its stored with the other keys on Windows , so I’d assume same place as mnemonic.

Three fingerprints would mean that -at any time- three sets of mnemonics have been used.
Obviously the correct one (with the correct farmer public key embedded in the NFT plots) is now being used, otherwise the plots would not be valid.
In the first stages of his misfortune with the duststorm/upgrade Larry posted part of his config.yaml with in it a farmer reward address that his recently won .25 xch farmer reward was payed out on.
As its supposed to be, but strangely enough this farmer reward address seems not to be part of his wallet (e.g. the .25 does not show up in totals).
This is the kind of behaviour the usage of a cold wallet would bring, when the farm and pool reward addresses were -manually- changed redirecting payouts to the cold wallet.
@Larry, could it be the farmer reward address shown in your earlier post is part of one of the other two keysets/fingerprints, perhaps because you started replotting from OG to NFT on a fresh set of mnemonics but wanted to combine rewards into an earlier OG wallet? Or some other stange coincidence? Could you enter ‘chia keys show’ somewhere in powershell to see the wallet addresses coupled to the other ‘fingerprints’?
Kind of late now here, so maybe i am using a bit to much imagination…probably…

Just asking where in config.yaml is peer connections located around??

Tnx

Do you mean where you can adjust your no of peers?

If so, you can use the top options to " find next " and input the term peers in the search box.
Be sure to click on the log itself before hitting search though.

@Lsherring why not just add your other mnemonics to the gui, it’s fine to have more than 1, just watch out you don’t breach the 19 address limit.