Close the GUI while PENDING (which puts the switching into a failed state when you relaunch), and then switch to self pool but add a fee! (I did 60 mojos to get ahead of any dust storm). This time wait, it should switch to solo. Once your self pooling switch to your regular pool the normal way.
I am on day 3 of upgrading the DB. Ran out of space on my 160G SSD and didn’t have another SSD in stock so cloned to a 2TB HDD. Didn’t realize it was a 5400 RPM? But I digress. The SSD ran through the upgrade fairly quickly, until it ran out of space. Didn’t realize I ever purchased 5400 drives?! The longest portion of this upgrade seems to be in the “4/5 converting coin_store” that has been going over 2 days. Currently on “84480k coins 326.3 coins/s”. Based on what I’m reading here I’m stopping the process and going back to my original SSD, clone to a 7200 RPM drive and see how far I get. I like a challenge. I appreciate the other feedback/notes and will not be optimistic. Prepared to rollback and wait for a stable release. I’ll add this observation, my v2 DB is already 37G, and growing, v my v1 DB at 84G.
So might you have a image from the old disk? Then copy that image to the new larger disk (7200 rom) and then do the upgrade again. I used Acronis to make my images, been using it for more than 10 years.
chia db upgrade --input c:\...\blockchain_v1.sqlite --output d:\...\blockchain_v2.sqlite --no-update-config
The read load (c: drive) is about 3x higher than write load (d:), so potentially your d: drive HD will not bottleneck too much.
Also, I would stop chia completely before doing that. It should take around 1-2 hours or so. The process is mostly i/o (drive) bound.
Once the process finishes, move your v1 db out of c: and move there v2. You will also need to modify config.yaml (change v1 to v2 on blockchain db, as you will reuse the same location).
If you skip “–no-update-config” flag, config.yaml will be modified to have d: path for v2 there, and you may not want this.
Although, it is really not the best thing to host your dbs on your OS drive. There is a lot of writing in blockchain db, so you will slowly degrade that drive. Also, OS will have some activities on that drive, what will slow down chia blockchain operations (bad during dust storms).
Sounds like a good idea. Given I am +/- 20G free I want to migrate before space becomes a real issue. I am only 1.3.0, not 1.3.11. Didn’t see a lot of feedback re: any 3.x being really stable but do like to stay current.