Wallet not synced even though node is fully synced

So it took 14 hours for the full node to sync up but now the wallet still shows the status as syncing.

Few questions related to this for you more experienced types:

1. When the block chain has been downloaded locally and in sync with the network why does wallet need a separate sync process? What does the wallet synching actually do that is different from full node synching?

2. In the wallets tab I am showing connections as 0 even though “chia show -c” shows that there are 160 connections.

3. What is the height field on the wallets page (under status). Is this supposed to match the “peaked height” field on the full node page when the wallet is actually synced?

4. Is there anything I can do to fix or speedup the wallet syncing?

5. Does the wallet not synched have any impact on winning chia? If the block is won but the wallet is still not synced what happens?

5 Likes

I’m having exactly the same issue after moving farming to a new machine. I copied across both the SQLite databases. Node is synced but wallet is not. Bringing this up to the top to see if anyone has any ideas :slight_smile:

I also have this issue, hopefully someone will have the answer !

Good afternoon, tell me how to sync your wallet. The status of the full node is synchronized but the wallet is not? Thank you in advance!!!

The same for me. Wallet not syncing. Tried to delete wallet/db but nothing happen.

1 Like
  1. When the block chain has been downloaded locally and in sync with the network why does wallet need a separate sync process? What does the wallet synching actually do that is different from full node synching?

The wallet shows a summary of the transactions in the blockchain that relate to your private key. It must read through the entire block chain database which is at the time of writing 4.4GB and pick out the transactions with your key and then tally them up.

On a slow machine I am using as a farmer/full node it has only reached heigh 66000 despite being synced, on a much faster machine the wallet has reached full height and shows my few mojos I got from a Chia faucet.

1. In the wallets tab I am showing connections as 0 even though “chia show -c” shows that there are 160 connections.

Wallet is only connected to your full node.

1. What is the height field on the wallets page (under status). Is this supposed to match the “peaked height” field on the full node page when the wallet is actually synced?

Yes, that is how far your machine has sifted through the mainnet database file, ie the blockchain looking for your keys mentioned. Height is just how many blocks. So if it shows 66000 out of 392000 then it has only sifted though the first 66000 blocks.

1. Is there anything I can do to fix or speedup the wallet syncing?

Run it on a faster machine.

1. Does the wallet not synched have any impact on winning chia? If the block is won but the wallet is still not synced what happens?

I don’t think it would stop you receiving a block reward but I suspect the farmer/harvester modules would report your success a long time before your wallet showed 2XCH. My faucet transaction happened when my wallet was far from synced. I still got the xch when the wallet cuaght up. As for sending XCH then I get your wallet has to be synced, otherwise in its eyes you would be taking out a loan.

These are the reasons why with more developed cryptos like BTC you can get a lite wallet, which links to a copy of the full blockchain held somewhere else, but which holds very little actual data itself. I do not think these exist yet for Chia.

Having a similar problem. My full node is synced (height ~393K) but the wallet has been stopped at ~381K for about 12 hours. Is this normal?

This might have started when I changed host PCs used for the full node. Had 1 PC that I synced basically as a learning experience. I started Chia on a 2nd PC by entering the mnemonic for the previous wallet. I used the first synced PC as a local peer connection for the 2nd PC. Once the 2nd PC synced, I stopped Chia on the first PC and changed the router’s port forwarding rules.

2nd PC is maintaining sync, has about 50 connected peers, and is plotting now. The wallet shows 1 connection.

The installation of Chia 1.1.7 solved my problem.

2 Likes

I setup a cold wallet a week or so ago. My original transfer worked so I was unaware that I was even having this problem until I did a withdrawal from HPool yesterday. Went to check on it today and it wasn’t there. But HPool said it was processed and even showed the block number. Then I noticed my wallet was way out of sync. But it is now syncing since I installed 1.1.7.

1 Like

That´s gonna work. The wallet sync is something that people dont pay too much attention.

Note. Try installing the latest chia client first and the rest of this may be unnecessary.

This issue occurs if you have not updated your Chia client or sometimes after upgrading the Chia client. Here’s how to fix it if it hits you.

This wallet sync problem has always come up with peeps who have not upgraded to the latest client and sometimes after peeps have.

2 Likes

Upgrading to Chia 1.1.7 fixed my wallet sync problem also.