Warning db download scams

There are unconfirmed reports of viruses being contained in DB downloads leading to stolen XCH. Please avoid all DB downloads going forward and sync normally.

1 Like

They downloaded a .exe not the db, if its the same person.

2 Likes

Apparently an .exe that helped with the db download anyway lets be honest noobs won’t know the difference :smiley: best to just warn everyone away from db downloads from now on as more scams may popup.

2 Likes

Change it to confirmed and stress the exe. I also don’t think that even if a virus is stored in a db a program that is not executing data from db (basically none, not just chia) will never be able to activate it. The worst what can happen is that chia will barf at corrupted data, but that’s it.

Chia db could be poisoned with rogue transactions, but I think that is where it stops.

1 Like

Downloading the database (DB), regardless of format, violates the distributed purpose of the Chia blockchain - the active nodes provide a verifiable record of transactions, you bypass all of that by downloading the database. For the safety and security of the network and your fellow farmers do NOT download the database.

1 Like

Chia now officially offers DataBase downloads

1 Like

about time they offered an official channel!

1 Like

I just saw this

2 Likes