Water Panther drives

I have been purchasing 8-bay Syba enclosures for $215 - $225.

But 5-bay units for $100 appears to offer more bang for the buck.

Which brand / model 5-bay units would you recommend?

This one.

same thing sold on Amazon

The Amazon price is $139.99.
So if I were to purchase, it would be from eBay.

I perused the Amazon reviews.
34% of the reviews were 3-stars or less.
19% were 1 star.

Those numbers are not comforting.

Those disks are going to cook in that thing.

Look for something like this with fans etc.

1 Like

Agree, looks like a five slice popup toaster :rofl: The front panel & the cover are solid, where does the heat go? How does it get airflow? And what is a “Heat Dissipation Board” :eyes:?

Bought one this on ebay last night for $180. Thanks. Once a while there is a such item pop up.

1 Like

Installed my first pair of 14TB SAS drives from WaterPanther. The buying experience was very good and the product appears to be quality. No issues to report. Will be buying two every two weeks from them.

That is correct, I have several of these units from ebay.

I was buying my drives from ebay. But since finding WaterPanther, the prices are very close to what can be found on ebay and the warranty is very nice. So if I ever have an issue, I will just have to look in one account to find support. At least that is the plan. We’ll see if that works.

1 Like

With this enclosure, and $160’s a 16TB. Per TB can be <$12. Eight of this will make a 1 PB farm for $12000.

Pretty good, no?

1 Like

Like I said, I have several of these 8-bays units and they have 18tb inside. So from 1TB 3.5" disk to 20TB 3.5 both use the same tray.

Their prices change, week-to-week.
If you catch a low price, it might be best to buy them then, in quantity.

1 Like