We may be editing posts here for clarity and conciseness

Just a note that @dchuk has graciously granted me Trust Level 4 here on this forum, so I do have the ability to edit all posts.

To be crystal clear I am NOT a moderator or admin here so I can’t see any “secret” stuff or change site settings in any way, nor do I want to!! Please think of me as your FORUM JANITOR, I help clean things up by pruning, trimming, editing, rearranging and massaging…

I will NEVER (intentionally) change the intent or meaning of a post here, but I might edit for clarity, I might merge duplicate topics together, I might move posts to more appropriate locations or change the category of a topic, and so on.

Just wanted to send out a little FYI on that, because I do like to keep things tidy… that’s all! :broom:

9 Likes

That is much appreciated, thank you! :pray:

3 Likes

I recommend @dchuk promote some other helpful folks to TL4 over time as well. And @cultiv you are on my list… of wonderfully helpful people… :page_with_curl:

2 Likes

Thanks,yes definitely happy to help! :broom:

2 Likes

You’re now a level 4!

2 Likes

Thanks! Now to learn those new tools! :sweat_smile::wink:

3 Likes

Welcome to the janitorial team @cultiv! :clap:

Mostly I edit to fix formatting (lots of people don’t post code / logs as code, so use either three backticks or 4 space indent to make it code), improve titles, fix categorization and so on.

You can also split and merge topics… it’s fun and easy! Let me know if you need any tips on TL4 tools, just PM me directly.

2 Likes

You’re hitting my OCD points straight on. :+1:

Cheers, will do, been meaning to learn more about Discourse so what an excellent opportunity (AND combines with learning about Chia - win win).

3 Likes

While I appreciate you fixing my post with list form, because it was intended to be instructional and typed on my phone it doesn’t show that my post had subtle edits to sentence structure made by another user. Im not sure I’m comfortable with others putting words in my .outh without an audit trail? But not outraged either? Food for thought.

1 Like

There is indeed an audit trail; click or tap the pencil icon at upper right of the post.

This shows you edit revisions of the post, and you can compare them too. The pencil will be bright red if the edit was recent, and it “cools down” and fades back to black as the edit gets older.

Definitely not my intent to change anyone’s meaning, if that did happen, I apologize and I assure you it was an accident… let me know specifics and I’ll revert or fix!

2 Likes

No, thats what I was hoping for, that history. I think you made excellent edits. Just my first thought. I didn’t remember being quite that eloqent!

1 Like

We’re also starting to add FAQs to the category descriptions – for example for the interminable “how many plots can my rig make” questions, see the category description: