What do people think about the option to download the Chia blockchain by torrent?

Why do you open a new thread, where you have already participated in the original one: CHIA DATABASE DOWNLOAD - updated every 24 hours - #26 by unsocial-bleach

I would think that everyone would LOVE to have that service, exactly for the reasons you have outlined.
Also, with provisions that were stated in that original thread, I don’t think that there is a problem (even potential) with the db being poisoned.

However, for whatever reasons, the person behind that service somehow didn’t manage to get blessing / help from any respected entity (unfortunately). Maybe someone who has some contacts at chia or a well know pool could step in, and help.

From my side, I would consider the current syncing basically broken, as such this service is just a temporary solution while we are waiting to have chia get its act together. As such, I really fail to see why people are bashing on that service and at the same time being quiet about the root of this problem.

5 Likes