What’s in your crypto portfolio?

While this is a forum focused on Chia, I’m sure pretty much everyone here has a whole crypto portfolio filled with all sorts of interesting things.

I’ll start:

I’ve been a big forum user for a long time on the internet, and very much didn’t take bitcoin seriously when I was active on forums in like 2011 and guys were mining on their personal computers. Shame on me.

My portfolio now is:

~75% Bitcoin. I got started in it by selling my friend a DJI drone in 2017 for BTC, and boy was that an expensive drone for him now :slight_smile: I’ve since been dollar cost averaging into it off and on
~10% Ethereum. I think Eth as a project is super complicated, but with how much is built on top of it, makes sense to have some exposure. Very curious about their migration to Proof of Stake though
~15% VeChain. A buddy mentioned this to me. Very interesting proof of authority model, and they seem to have legitimate traction in Asia. Very good returns so far.

And then I have a few thousand dollars invested in Chia so far for equipment (NUC w/ NVME, and now 6 drives for about 60gb of storage so far, will keep expanding as my plotting catches up).

2 Likes

~90% Bitcoin (BTC) Thought it was crazy from 2009-2018, dabbled in 2018, but late 2019 made me a believer. Seriously kicking myself for not just giving it a flyer back in 2010. :man_facepalming:
~1% Monero (XMR) So I was waiting on plotting hard drives (for Chia) to arrive and doing altcoin research when I figured out you can mine Monero on standard hardware and joining pools is dead simple.
~9% Chia (XHC) Started plotting during RC, have a decent collection today.

To date I’ve invested about $5,500* into Chia, excited to see what happens next. *number is increasing by the week :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I have a basket of cryptos:

BTC Bitcoin (small amounts, but I gain ~$20/day with nicehash gpu mining)
BAT Basic Attention Token (up almost 3x)
DNT district0x
UNI Uniswap
ADA Cardano

Recently sold all my DOGE above 30 cents for a >600% return, and my Tezos for ~2x.

Just learned about Chia 3 days ago and have invested $8k and have 70 plots already, making a mad dash towards having close to 200TB online asap.

2 Likes

60% Bitcoin, 20% Etheream and 20% Get Protocol. Not a massive portfolio but I used earnings from the latest bull run to fund the small plotting rig and 64Tb of storage. Still plotting but happy with 30 xch

2 Likes

95% Cardano as it is the best implementation of PoS and its science based first approach is unparalleled in the industry.

4% Ergo as it is the best implementation of gpu PoW I have found and it is also very much a science first approach cryptocurrency.

1% Chia but with a hefty investment in equipment (among other things 0.5 PB)for farming so probably a growing investment, It has the most neat idea for decentralization over time I have found in any cryptocurrency and the going public as a stock company seems a no brainer and great timing to do so. With that said I am not here for pump as a stock company is released and I have stuck with all the projects I support.

2 Likes

Bitcoin - 75
Ethereum - 20
Solana - 5

1 Like

I have a tiny bit of bitcoin (I actually bought $10k in March 2020 and made $40k but sold those gains and invested it in more traditional stuff because I consider BTC 100% gambling), but I am all in on Chia!!

4 Likes

50% Cardano
40% Chia
10% Shittokens

As everyone to many coins/tokens to hold all

• DGB - DigiByte: Always been a fan of since start, a hidden gem even as it’s far from a newbie, used even by several goverments
  • TRX - Tron: Not everyone is a fan of TRX but I can’t complain, easy to get more also as it is a PoS coin
  • ZEC - Zcash: An oldie privacy coin , I still like it but well had some concerns in the past as when there was the friendly fork of Ycash… was like that the devs didn’t make enough imho
  • ZEN - Horizon: What to say, they are constantly developing and actually do improve, similar easy to get more
  • XTZ - Tezos: Still in doubt but well getting more also, you might have noticed they sponsor Formula 1 grandprix (F1) which reminds me on an oldie before cryptocurrency, MoneyTron from JP Van Rossem…
  • BTC - Bitcoin: Well who wouldn’t have BTC in their portfolio but that’s holding
  • ETH - Etherium: Not really much at all as I dislike the transaction fees (gas)
  • BNB - Binance Coin: Made me money and I like the accelerated burn also
  • XCH - Chia: Ofcourse and relative easy to obtain also by plotting and farming, not a fast ROI one but ok for me

Lesser known tokens, different segment

• BFG - BetFury: This is a token from the gambling site Betfury which can easy be swapped at some swap exchange sites. Holding tokens gives a bit of BTC/TRX/USDT/ETH daily
  • TLM - AlienWorlds: Easy to obtain by playing (more like a faucet) their game and lots of other options with WAX to make more money… Notable, also listed at Binance
  • HNT - Helium: Well if you have a rackminer or free emrit one, you make supereasy HNT
  • LBC - Library: I like the project and done translations for them that made me a decent chunk in LBC and value is suprisingly far from bad at all. Also relative easy to obtain by watching vids etc or creating a channel.

A ton of other lil tokens, received at random at eg binance, and other exchanges and lots of forked coins like from BTC → BCH → BSV/BCH → BCH/BCHabc , ZEC-YEC , and so on … most forked coins I try to sell asap but there are always leftovers

And like everyone that is for years in this market segment a ton of dead tokens/coins not worth to look at anymore … PPC- Peercoin, POT - Potcoin, etc…

Use case coins/tokens:

• Well that’s for me XLM-Stellar , fast and cheap to exchange to and transfer to eg my Wirex Mastercard (using at eg Amazon)
  • USDT - Tether: Only if you use the TRC-20 one then it’s cheap (nearly 0 transaction fees) , if you try to gamble on a spike like eg DOGE sell DOGE at spike level for USDT TRC-20 and buy back when it drops… made a big chunk of DOGE but well none left sold all dogecoin

Wondering: Anyone still having CLAM , the first fork from BTC

Edit: Another one not to neglect actually but you have to wait till end of the year, Keepkey a hardware wallet (ETH/ERC) has yearly an end year offer to buy them at a $5 and when linked to their exchange there was a surprise of getting FOX tokens for free, so end result the Keepkey hardware wallet made me money instead of costing money, made way more than $50, neglectable for some but hey it’s free money

I have 45%CHIA and 45%ADA. Im Cardano fan since 2017-2018 because they don’t want experiments like Eth. And CHIA fan because the way how they see future. Plus 10% unknown tokens like AIOZ, TLOS and Halo Network. BTC is expensive for me and ETH is a piece of shit in my opinion.

1 Like