What syntax of create plots to make parallel plotting and staggering in CLI?

Hi @bmentink,

Please post your full script and I’d be happy to take a look.

I did just notice that this line has my user “chia” hardcoded in the path:

phase2processes=`grep 'Starting phase 2/4' /home/chia/.chia/mainnet/log/plot-process*.log | wc -l`

Make sure your path(s) are correct for creating/reading the log files.

Yes, I picked up the path issue. I have fixed that, I guess the script will have to be restarted to pick up the change, correct?

How do I attache the script in this forum, it only allows photo attachments … amd trying to use the quotes is crazy …

Four spaces at the beginning of the line(s).

Example:

This is code with no spaces.

This is code with four prepend spaces.

Not sure if there’s a better way. I use VS code, just selected all the lines and added 4 spaces at the beginning. (Then copy/paste)

Must be thick or something. How do you add the 4 spaces once selected, can’t see how?

I’m not sure there’s a way to do it in the reply box.

I did it in my text/code editor application.

You could also use sed to prepend the 4 spaces to each line in a temp file with your script.

sed -i -e 's/^/    /' script.sh

Appreciate you sharing this script but having a hard time understanding since I’m not a an admin nor developer but can understand some of the code. The question, I have 2x 4TB SSD and 13 HD drives 18TB each and Ryzen 16 core 32 thread CPU 32GB RAM so I can plot 16 in parallel using 3.7GB Ram and 2 threads for each plot. How can I set up so it’s for 16 in parallel and when It fills the first 18TB drive, it continues to use another available destination 18TB drive? Would you mind helping me adjust this script based on this info? Thank you!