Which CPU for 100-200 plots a day?

I’m trying out a Supermicro JBOD with 4x Xeon E5-4650 and 512 GB RAM (See here for details: Selling Supermicro SC848 CSE-848 24x Bay JBOD (4x Xeon E5-4650/512GB RAM))

I currently plot to 16x 2 TB Disks HDDs (SATA, 7200 RPM), doing 32x in parallel with 20min stagger.
ArgumentList: 4 Thread, 3990 Buffersize, Max in P1: 16x, MaxJobsPerDisk: 2

So far the speediest Plot was 40hours (A helluva time). The bottleneck there currently are the ultra-slow, spinning, disks obviously. And 2x parallel Plots on per slow spinner might be too much. I think 1x plot is the way here.

CPU does not really care about whats going on. Sitting at max 12% usage. Almost same for RAM. I don’t know how it behaves with some much more disk I/O but I assume the result will potentially be the same CPU wise.

So with some more HDDs for parallelization and faster ones, I think there is much more room. If it can break 100 Plots a day, I’m not sure.

Tonight I hopefully manage to get an NVMe hooked up and test a single plot. I’ll report back. It has 7x free PCIe 3.0 slots, so there is much cap for NVMes. However, I prefer plotting to disks. I don’t like burning SSDs.