Why do you still prefer hpool?

You have burnt through that SSD though - sure it’s a myth that you can’t use an SSD over it’s TBW rating, and you should certainly use it until it properly fails, but it’s worth close to zero now, i.e. it’s 100% depreciated, you can’t sell it unless you can find someone really gullible, you wouldn’t be able to use the warranty, and I doubt you be too surprised if it fails tomorrow.

Has anyone had a SSD drive fail from plotting?

I doubled my nvme’s tbw and still at %60 health
wd sn750 black 1tb

Apart from the obvious reason for staying with OG plots, i.e. cost and time… farming on hpool is so much less stressful with its light client. It really is as close to plug and play there is.

This is actually a really good point, that farmer works easy, dependable and very light as you say.
Plus the fact that you get an email within 30 minutes if something is wrong makes it fire and forget kinda thing that the chia farmer really is not.

1 Like

actually someone said that hpool pays more because of its netspace but lol, if another pool catches blocks then your payouts might the same on that pool, dont they? like even if the pool doesnt catch blocks as often as hpool, you would still earn points while waiting and when the block arrives you will get the same of xch for you plots

If you are like others that do not want to replot but want to try a smaller pool in the US check out https://ttdpool.com
We have clients for all 3 major platforms.

Looks legit bro… your top 4 block winners excluding yourself have a total of under ~800 plots and won three blocks? Also you have to install an exe too? lol

Been running for over a month with new features being added on the regular. If you are scared then don’t try it. Plenty of others have tried and must like it because I have pretty decent user retention as of now.

Yes. Unfortunately basic math is lacking in schools these days.

That is true, but considering the 400 USD I paid for both 980 pros, that is nothing compared to the cost of hard drives I managed to fill with them. On the other hand, It is also true that RAM will lose less value and that it is much easier to resell later, especially if you get 4X32GB.

I do not get the allure for HPool. They are either crooks or managed their OG pool badly. In either case they do not deserve the business they have. I will suggest core-pool and foxy-pool for OG. We need to stop giving xch to HPool. They are probably the biggest sellers of xch in the market.

3 Likes

hpool made the most profit from all this chia project. but it is not their fault, it is team chia’s fault. even third party company can make a pool and upgrade it step by step. the chia team could not manage it. they FAILED!