Why there are still major bugs in CHIA Gui 1.3.x?

Well…I tried yesterday again and managed to move to chia 1.3.3 after starting fresh and then upgrading db to V2.
What bothered me except the things I’ve already mentioned, Is that wallet address changed and my self pooling changed to spacepool, And these things should not happening in my opinion.

1 Like

My nodes def better.
Used to have majority of responses in 1 to 5s range, now majority are in .5 to 1s.
I was having apx 1.5% over 5s, now none.

Could well be my reduced peer count helping though.

1 Like

You are the second one with such improvements!

On my node and harvester, there basically were no changes (average maybe dropped from 0.77 down to 0.73; over 5 seconds didn’t change ~1-5/day).

1 Like

There are alternatives to the GUI and CLI options. I wrote the Machinaris WebUI, which uses the stock CLI underneath, for this reason. More details can be found at https://www.machinaris.app.

2 Likes

Great to see ppl making and sharing things.
Unfortunately the amount of ppl losing coin is rising, I think many will be very sceptical about trying new things.

1 Like

I was just looking at the Chia project board…wow that a lot of different backlog lists :rofl:

Where is that link? for the backlog stuff

Yes I agree, I must say I am also getting more hesitant to try out new stuff.
On the other hand I must say the app does look cool. Has a lot of stuff and general overview seems much better than Chia’s Gui

Very interesting. Does the windows version of machinaris use the same database file of chia blockchain gui or shall we download db from scratch?
Nice to see another software for chia mining. Its advantage is downloading the database file in minutes (says in github page), monitoring is via chiadog. It has a web Gui and a setup wizard.
Has anybody installed and use machinaris?

Would it be possible for you to talk to Chia, and have your project recognized the same way as for instance MM or BB (e.g., have a snapshot included in their github structure)?

Chia has an “ecosystem” team that should try to partner with legit software developers, and eventually have some sort of “blessed by Chia” label, to make the life easier for everyone.

I know that your project is out for 10 months or so, and there are people that give it really high marks, but …

Chia blokchain download of database file takes more than 36 hours. How can machinaris download database file in minutes?? We should question this?

I agree entirely. I didn’t like the way that one felt when tested… very much like getting candy from a shady guy in a van… . :rofl:

1 Like

Van candy has free treats in, just consume it in a safe space.

1 Like

everyone needs to keep simple… just windows vm. no altered anything. no back door servers. no one els watching rests.
upgrade to the latest… delete wallet db… and just let it sit…

tis why I sadly gave up the chia ubuntu server cli long ago… for… a windows vm instead,
it was a tough choice…

but its the only way to get a good clean gui experience thats fully endorsed by chia. is the chia gui itself. I run it headless so I can tap into my personal cloud vm whenever wherever… using cloudrons apache guacamole. ssl. FQDN. the works. 2fa locked tight

notifications are overrated anyways. lol

go here it will help you immensely.

@DigitalSpaceport has used it for a long time and has many YouTube videos related to it.

config.yaml
target_outbound_peer_count: 80

2 Likes