Wrong NFT pool contract address - Total Plots # Plot Farming pool

Hi,

I was farming for few days with a wrong pool contact address (Bad copy/paste - it was indeed my chia wallet…)

So i farm around 50 nft plot with this configuration.

So now i have a total number of plot in the farm that is different with the farming pool.

I try to change the farming pool and also to change to self pool, but nothing is working.

Any way to fix this ?

Thanks

One easy way would be to delete those 50 and replot that space.
I don’t know if there is any other way, pretty sure there isn’t.

i don’t understant how nft plot are working.

Why should i need to delete an replot all this plot ? The pool contract address is so important ? How it work when we change to another farming pool - self pool ?

Difficult to admit that i have a plot - dectected as available plot - but not good for harvesting…

The pool contract address is actually a public key address where the [pool contract] can be found on the blockchain. This [pool contract] is special kind of smart contract embedded in the blockchain, created as a Plot NFT in the GUI’s Pool section. The ‘smart’ part of this is the unique way Chia has set up pooling. There is info on this on the Chia github if you’re interested. The address embedded in your 50 plots is a ‘normal’ wallet address and not a smart contract one so the pooling protocol can’t work, neither for pooling nor for self-pooling. It’s not just the wrong number, it’s the wrong thing also. This is the most simple way I can explain, hope this helps.

Thanks for the explanations

How can i list / review all this NFT plot that are useless for harvesting ? Because i’m not sure where they are located…

Not totally sure but I remember in Plots section scrolling down a bit the plots without matching keys are listed.
Otherwise in the Plots Section you can see the Pool Contract Address as a column. Hovering the mouse over the Filename would tell you where those 50 are. The Delete Button in the Action Column does not physically delete the file I think, just from the Plots database on your client. So take notes where/which filenames of the 50 is a bit of a chore :grimacing: Maybe someone else has better ideas…

I had the same problem as you except that I discovered that the pool address is modified in my copy/paste as soon as it contains a chia address.

And it’s this damn address that is put instead:
xch1ndzzk3x285jk3xm4387v6eyfxfepgzyrt4hdu5ackpteyz9pgccq6lzgzl

If your on Windows, you could use the Windows search function, enter the address that was wrongly copied and get win to search your plot folders, then delete them once its found them.
Possibly anyway, I’ve not used win search in quite a while, but should be possible I think.

Ok, I have the same problem with more than 500 plots. Could I change the pool contract address ?

This sounds like a coin stealer to me!

2 Likes