21Chia pool launch

i think there is something wrong with this pool, no wins when azpool has 6 wins and less space for the most of that time. I give it a few more days to start winning. Switching to PPS is not what im looking to do, im looking for this pool to get it fair share which it not doing at all so far. Also poolspace no going up above 2.4pb for days now but users continue to join, whats up?

Thank you for farming with us, I’m sorry there haven’t been any blocks yet

Regarding the farmers joining and netspace not growing like in the beginning, there are lots of users who are not wasting resources plotting with XCH at these prices, they just join for the promotions (and stay in hpool with og plots). It’s happening to other pools too. That’s why we created a leaderboard competition, there’s a draw every day for the top10, you’ll get a prize in your balance that will be paid out the same day.

That other pool you mentioned has more netspace than us and its expected time to win is 2 days, if it got several blocks it’s because it got extremely lucky or something else. That’s not to be expected in general. And we’re being unlucky, unfortunately -also our netspace didn’t start at 2PB… it got here slowly over the past week- it’s not like we’re waiting for 7 days on 2PB.

PPS does give you your fair share and puts all risk on the pool operator, it’s a good option imho if you want to make sure you get paid, but it’s your choice ultimately.

Where can we see the current PPS payout?
I couldn’t find it on the website, but maybe I just didn’t look very good, seems to be happening a lot this saturday morning :innocent:

“pending payout” in your farmer dashboard is how much is pending. When you reach the minimum (0.01xch), you’ll get paid at 9pm UTC.

By the way, I think you have not switched to PPS on your farmer, you can do it in your farmer settigns if you want. But make sure you understand how it works.

trust me i like to stay with your pool, i was there from beginning and I would just stay and grow, i like you are very active or the forums. But the pool is not getting is fair share, something is wrong. azpool got another 2 blocks yesterday, they are doing over the average when we cant even win one block yet, i still believe something is set up wrong or possible dos type attack on this pool is that even possible i dont know? i hope it is figured out why this is happening we are not winning at all, and some pools winning tons way over the average.

No that’s right I was curious what the payout amounts to, to decide if I want to switch over or not :slight_smile:

It’s really annoying that no block has been found yet. But with 2.5PiB, change to win is what, like 3 days?
It’s only been 10 days since pools started, so we are still well within the “bad luck” range of what can happen.

1 Like

If you haven’t won a block yet, you may want to checkout the code. Poolchia thought they were having bad luck and then found that there was an issue with the reference code from Chia. Worked with them and figured out what was going on and fixed it (this was Thursday night). Found that the pool was not unlucky, but had won 6 blocks total. Pulled down the new discovered wins (5 blocks) and distributed them. Now, last night, we won another on schedule. Just saying you may want to talk to Chia about the issue that was found. You may have wins that have not been identified. Why should I help a pool that I am not part of? Because all pools operating well only helps Chia in the long run. I’m here for the long haul. Good luck. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

I’m asking about their issue but it looks like they “airdropped” “blocks”, not farmed real ones (they may have put chia in their wallet or in their rewards addr directly). Maybe that coupled with the PR #162 issue, which I told Mariano about myself a few days ago when I saw someone was sending dust where pools expect rewards. But their announcement is quite unclear as to what actually happened there.

Hey 21chia, just reached out to you on Keybase. as alex from flexpool said "Scroll up. TL;DR too much puzzle hashes in get_coin_records_by_puzzle_hashes"

Let me know if that helps!

1 Like

Thanks, I just read it. Now it’s clear to me: the chia node can’t handle looking up more than 1k singletons at a time for rewards and it needs to be done in batches. We were below the threshold just because we were skipping farmers that had left and were not active in the pool. Fortunately it’s a quick fix, anyway. Thank you again!

1 Like

We have some good news: every time it takes us 5 or more days to find a block we’re going to airdrop and distribute a random 1-2XCH reward among farmers, the first one will happen tomorrow. This will carry on until August at least.

Remember also our other running promos: 0% fee for life if you farm with us until July 25 (see terms in faq) and leaderboard competition (daily prize among top10).

Join our discord for more info.

2 Likes

0.014154746291 received and I see we won a block.

I think it is a block airdroped, not a pool win

1 Like

Yes, until August, every time we spend 5 days without winning, we’re airdropping rewards (random value between 1-2 XCH).

1 Like

And after the first airdrop, now a real block :tada:

2 Likes

Congrats on the first block !!! :partying_face: Exciting times. Many more to come.

1 Like

Thank you! it was about time :sweat_smile:

I’m sure it is a huge relief to know for sure that everything is working the way it is supposed to.

1 Like