Attention, coins disappear from wallets

Check out what Hiya says
https://twitter.com/hiya1024/status/1632423168307777536

1 Like

Due to the recent incident of stealing XCH, many friends are concerned about how to keep their assets safely. Here I would like to recommend you to use Pawket to create an Air- gapped (offline) wallet.

Here is the tutorial:

2 Likes

hello to all,
i read all posts and i still have no idea about my personal security.
no announcement has been released by the chia developers.
also, my personal opinion is that cold wallets are also not secure because they can be synced.
Unfortunately, I will be selling all the chia in my hand soon.
Iā€™m in a panic of being ignorant.

Cold wallets are really not affected by this issue as long as they are really cold. Many confuse a warm wallet with a cold one, tho ā€¦

This really isnā€™t a ā€œChia developerā€ issue. The few folks impacted arenā€™t exactly providing detailed reports of their activity leading up to their hack and thereā€™s a lot of misinformation floating around ā€“ like claims that 10% of farmers are impactedā€¦ my analysis shows just 22 farmers with more than 5 XCH stolen.

Unconfirmed theories that have been mentioned:

• SweetChia OG pool users
  • ChiaYY OG pool users
  • Fastchia plotting manager
1 Like

If you have a true Cold Wallet,

Which is a wallet created on a fresh device never connected to the internet after being refreshed (HD formatted and OS reinstalled), and never connected to the internet afterwards! Plus, your seed phrase that was written down has never been seen by anyone else.

Than you are perfectly safe.

So, maybe itā€™s just some marketing gag after all? :wink:

Thanks for your time digging that information. Even with a margin of error, that 22 affected farmers with over 5 XCH lost is the most helpful piece of info here. At least for me.

I also think confusion happens because

• human communication is hard ( Wiioā€™s laws )
  • many of us use English as second or third language
  • saying ā€œyou made a mistakeā€ or ā€œit is your faultā€ will be taken the wrong way (who here has worked with a team from China?)

A friend of mine got 6.5XCH stolen yesterday, and it was at this hacker address.
There are still many people affected. In the Chinese community, I have directly heard more than a dozen cases.
Here is my friendā€™s address: xch126ga22nh0ggz8w6twxmu93nmauwdknclj4kt5mtawv0fyt3jap4shstkt2

A new piece of information I got here is that a large number of people who have used YYpoolļ¼ˆChiayy.comļ¼‰ have been stolen.

Still donā€™t know why.

1 Like

if you consider it a marketing gimmick then what is the benefit. personally, I have a lot of coins and an nft project and a farm and I would absolutely not want anything to happen to the chia blockchain. On the other hand, I want to warn those who are in danger. Is the chia forum only for good news?

29 coins were stolen from my friend. He assures that only the borrowed coins were stolen from a cold wallet created on a virtual PC with the ubuntu system. Of course, I think that he compromised his phrase, but I share his concerns.

I farmed Flax, Chives and tried to farm HDDCoin. I can tell Flax and Chives are fine as no impact to my farm

hereā€™s what I found interesting

Are all the people losing Chia to a thief running windows? And do they have One Drive active on those computers?

does anyone know what happened to the attackerā€™s wallet, I see that he was banned!

Thatā€™s just a label I added to the interface, it doesnā€™t prevent the attacker from doing anything unfortunately.

The best course of action now is urging everyone who isnā€™t 100% confident about the security of their setup to move their funds to a fresh wallet generated on a separate machine.

2 Likes

The day i was hacked, iā€™ve opened ā€œPlotManager.exeā€ (madMax0.1.5) too, for re-ploting some files from error log.

Do we open the plotting program and got hacked?

Maybe the same label should be added to all outgoing addresses that one is using?

My coins are gone too and I use ā€œPlotManager.exeā€ the same way but Iā€™ve been using it for about 2 years now! and now there is an attack

This attack is a bit off the markā€¦

The information the plotting program needs is the farmerā€™s public key and the address of the pool contract. Is this information enough for an attack? Let the experts speakā€¦