Can't claim reward for 2 weeks now

Gave it a try and no luck unfortunately. I am stumped.

I checked my plotnft and I see it does have a target address and pool contract address. And I also do see it says claimable balance: 1.75 xch.

Me too, personally I can only think it’s possibly a db version issue as jacek was mentioning
As I’ve not updated I can’t really offer any advice here though. .

I’d personally try a fresh install on a separate box , even if it’s just the light wallet ( assuming you can claim nft rewards with it ).

If no joy then it’s not an installation problem, or I doubt it, and I’d head then to keybase to ask official support for help.

After my last message I deleted and reinstalled chia. It took about 10 minutes or so to sync the wallet DB. Once it synced I tried to transfer the reward and boom, within 2 minutes I received it! It sucks I had to reinstall everything but luckily I got the reward now. Now I just have to wait for the blockchain DB to sync to start farming again…. Hopefully won’t take days. Thanks again everyone for your help, I really appreciate it!

5 Likes

I’m not a fan, but you could always run flex farmer while your waiting.
When needs must n all that.
Personally I’d wait it out.

1 Like

Great to see you got it resolved.

I would check which version is blockchain db syncing with. If you still see v1 there, I would abort chia,
upgrade db (will be really fast as db is small), and let it sync as v2. As far as sync time, it looks to me there is no difference between db v1 and v2 and chia v1.2 vs v1.3 (for blockchain, wallet is super fast).

Another option is to download v1 db and upgrade it. Will take about 3 hours, comparing to a couple of days.

It may be that the wallet cannot sync with v1 db, so will need to connect to other peers. I am not 100% sure about that, but I saw other peers on my wallet tab before I got v2 db running. Once I got v2 blockchain, all those wallet peers are gone.

Actually, one question. Did you kill your wallet and let it rebuild (before reinstalling everything)? I guess, there are just three parameters (more or less): 1. wallet, 2. blockchain, 3. config.yaml. I guess, when you get your blockchain synced once, resyncing it from scratch will produce the same blockchain db. This potentially narrows it down to just wallet db and config.yaml. Some people reported that config.yaml was broken after chia update, so reinstall would potentially fix it. Also, I watched the chia update / db upgrade on three setups, and every time there were some issues with the wallet at the end of the process; however, all got resolved in about an hour max. That kind of points to maybe wallet being sensitive to something. It would be nice to figure it out, as some people reverted to v1.2.11, as they couldn’t get it fixed on v1.3.

My previous rough understanding from various comments was that the plot NFT’s would reappear during a full sync once the blockchain height reached the block where your plot NFT was created or updated. Something about the sync crossing paths with the NFT on the chain would get the wallet and client all on the same page. This of course could all be completely different with 1.3 now.

Months ago using 1.2.11 when I migrated my node to a new machine, I had the same problem where the NFTs didn’t show up. In that case, rather than re-sync everything, there was some pool config I was able to copy from the old machine that made the NTF reappear. Since this wasn’t a migration and the config hadn’t changed, it points to something with the wallet, it would seem.

In any case congrats on the reward and for resolving the issue. I hope the re-sync goes quickly for you too!

1 Like

That was the case with chv1.2 / db v1.

When you update chia, it starts syncing wallet from other peers right away, and appears to be fully synced shortly after (but in all three cases is was short on XCHs). Saying that, your blockchain db is generic, there is no private info there, so it implies that the wallet should get everything from those peers and not really wait for the local blockchain to be ready. This is also the case, when you switch to wallet mode, as your local blockchain is not there at all. However, I didn’t see any peers on my wallet panel once the blockchain synced to v2. Still, as mentioned, during the update / upgrade the wallet kind of synced twice (before the local v2 blockchain was ready and after it got fully synced). The correct XCH amount was there only after the v2 blockchain was ready.

As once chia is updated, relevant parts of config.yaml are not modified (I think), that kind of points to some subtle dependencies between the local blockchain and wallet. Again, that is just me guessing.

By the way, not sure whether this is relevant, but chia has concept of trusted peers. The local full node is such trusted peer. Maybe in farming mode, the wallet needs to see the local blockchain fully synced for some reason (i.e., local trust vs remote general data).

1 Like

To be clear, it’s just that this point is the point where the nft was created and stored on the bc db, so that is the only point that data can be retrieved from the bc.

As you hadn’t synced to the point that data could be retrieved.

As it was already synced to that point.

Maybe, maybe not, it was a installation or sync error, I’d lean towards sync as reinstall and sync fixed it, as would be expected , just as it would have in your situation, or any situation when nfts are creating issues.

As iirc they didn’t try resync before install and resync I don’t think we’ll ever know 100%.

1 Like

In chv1.3, the wallet doesn’t need the local bc if in just wallet mode. Also, when in farming mode, it initially connects to peers to get data, not really to the local node. And even assuming that it connects to the local v1 bc, that one is just 30 minutes behind, so should have virtually all the info and the worst case another 30 mins later should be fully synced (so no wait or manual changes to config.yaml).

On this point, more accurately, I transferred the blockchain DB, the wallet DB, and my keys from the old machine, but not the full config. When I started up on the migrated node, the pool NFT was missing all the info but indicating that it was farming the plots. Since I had migrated the wallet and bc DB, I thought that would have been enough. But rather than delete and resync, I copied some pool NFT details from config.yaml and then the plot NFTs appeared after adding to the config.

Maybe what it all means is that some config.yaml changes are only done once at the exact time when the local bc scan is at that level. By killing wallet and syncing it from scratch we are forcing it lo go through local bc again, and process one block at a time. (that is the reason I asked, whether wallet db was deleted and still produced nothing before the final full reinstall)

Maybe what we need is a wallet re-scan button on UI side that would parse wallet db from scratch and eventually adjust the config.yaml. This process would be super fast right now, as wallet db is tiny.

2 Likes

Indeed, but let’s not hold our breath lol, I Iike life.

1 Like

I’m facing the same problem as yours since ver 1.3.1 and so far I haven’t been able to fix it. I try to do everything like you. Can you suggest a detailed fix for me?

Instal .3.3 then try, if still not working ill offer more advice.

Just to follow up with everyone, this issue happened to me again about a week after I fixed it the first time. But I learned my lesson the first time and did things a little differently this time. Here is what I did:

1. I deleted the unconfirmed transactions and then shut down the full node
  2. Copied blockchain DB to a different location (took a little while but better than resynching from scratch).
  3. Copied config.yaml to a different location
  4. Uninstalled Chia/ deleted every previous chia file/folder (besides the copied blockchain DB and config.yaml)
  5. Downloaded and installed newest version of Chia. Put my secret key in.
  6. As soon as it started to sync after putting in my key, I shut down the full node.
  7. I pasted the copied blockchain DB over top of the newly created one, same with the config.yaml
  8. Once everything finished copying over, I reopened Chia and my wallet DB fully synched within 10 minutes or so, and I was farming again. Once wallet DB fully synched I claimed my rewards with 1 Mojo and had them within 5 minutes or so.

I know everything I wrote has been said in earlier messages, but I wanted to at least lay out out the whole process I did, which took less than 45 minutes. I’ve been able to claim another reward after this no problem, so hopefully I won’t have to do this again. But if I do it really isn’t that much trouble.

Please see my previous post above. I hope this helps!

Not sure what version ur on, but thats alot of work to claim a reward and shouldnt be necessary.

I agree it shouldn’t be necessary, but I tried every other thing I read and could think of with no luck. This is the only thing that fixed the issue for me. I believe it’s related to the wallet db. If it happens again I’ll try to delete wallet db and resync and see if it works .