Change border width -- Linux -- xfce desktop

I am running MX Linux, xfce desktop.

The borders are very narrow, and you have to be a surgeon to grab the hair’s length border to widen a window.

I have looked through every menu item, and every tab within those items, to no avail.
I also searched on their forum.
I also searched via duckduckgo.
I also searched youtube.

Perhaps I am not using proper Linux language in my searches?

I do not know if this is MX Linux specific, or an xfce setting, or a Debian setting.
Does anyone know how to change the width of the window edges to make them easier hook and drag?

I though that I would ask here, before posing the question to their forum (because if I do not write my question with precision, I risk the scorn of trolls looking to score imaginary victory points).

It seems you dont need to grab the border but can do this, well, according to google.
I dont use linux so its not tested by me.

“Simply hold the Alt key, right-click somewhere inside the window and drag to resize. It works well and complements the Alt-key method of moving windows: holding Alt and left-click drag on anywhere in the window”

Edit. Source. Mslinux.org wiki xfce

1 Like

Yes, I saw that, and I tried that.
It allows me to stretch the window vertically, and only vertically.

99% of the time, I want to widen windows, and the “alt right-click” does not do that.

Ah ok, hopefully someone knows.

Edit, out of curiosity i had a quick read, it seems the theme you choose controls the border size.

Source.

1 Like

I tried, again, with the “alt right-click”, and got it to work.

Apparently, the interface decides which border you are adjusting, based on the location that you click, within the window.

I had assumed that if I alt-right-clicked, and dragged left or right, it would adjust the window in the direction that I was dragging.

But if you are not close enough to that border, it will not drag that border.

2 Likes

Maybe just try something more friendly to use, since the borders seem to be hard to pull for you, I never used MX Linux, I prefer Gnome to Xfce. I would recommend Ubuntu, Mint, Pop OS, … You can check a list of other Linux distros here: https://distrowatch.com

1 Like

Give “open indiana” a try if your a true believer :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: