Chia 1.6.1 Folder location

Does anyone know change in location for Chia foder with the new 1.6.1?
On my Windows C: drive when I look uder \AppData\Local\chia-blockchain folder I still see 1.6.0

There’s a new dashboard in town :sunglasses: - introducing farmr.net - Chia Tools & Scripts - Chia Forum

1 Like

…\Chia\resources\app.asar.unpacked\daemon

1 Like

The question should be why they screwed up this last release, and change the directory structure that was in place?

2 Likes

Maybe they wanted to ‘shake the dog’ and get rid of old 3rd-party tools that will never update/out of business. And/or they are improving their programming and using better practices. Programmers may understand better studying the code. We’ll see the results in any case :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Does anyone know the location for Ubuntu?

1 Like

and maybe wrong thread but how can we use farmr…? how can we change the farmr config…?

Starting farmr for chia in Farmer mode…
Specify your chia-blockchain directory below: (e.g.: C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\chia-blockchain or C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\chia-blockchain\app-1.0.3\resources\app.asar.unpacked)

@jonnys, take a look in /usr/lib/chia-blockchain/resources/app.asar.unpacked

Would really like to know why they (chia folks) changed their directory structure to follow the beta release style, and when they had a real release it went back to normal. This last one is coping the beta style :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Unfortunately its not there I have 1.6.1 on my main computer and had to go back to 1.6 on my harvester because i cant access the cli

So it is indeed. I always install from source so I had never to look for the binaries :slight_smile: .
Anyway, you can find the binaries now in /opt/chia

Cheers :wink:

hey again… solved by another member,

just paste ur new directory (C:\Program Files\Chia\resources\app.asar.unpacked) to cmd area and wait…then it will work…