Chia 2.0 GPU Farming Stops after a few hours

Hi, I am farming a mix of uncompressed and compressed plots on Windows with the newly released 2.0 software. The compressed plots are created with bladebit_cuda on ubuntu and then moved to the Windows machine. GPU is enabled in Harvester settings as is compressed plots. This setup works for 4-5 hours, and then Points found in the last 24 hours stops increasing. The uncompressed plots continue to farm no problem. When close down the app and start up again, it goes back to normal and the cycle resumes. I farm compressed plots on one pool and the uncompressed plots on a different pool.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks!

1 Like

What GPU are you using?

I’ve not experienced it myself but I think what you may be seeing is GRR errors, which stops farming until you restart the harvester.

This appears to affect 10 series cards and Telsa 4 (Pascal series I think??) - search the debug log for GRResult

1 Like

Ah! Yes, I’m using a GTX 1050 Ti. So maybe that’s it. Thanks again for your help!

Trying 2.0.1 beta to see if anything is fixed. However, while farming seems to be working and node is sync’ed and I see plots passing filter and my pools reporting activity, on the Farm page, it says both Sync Status and Plots Passing Filter as Not Running in red.

Anyone notice this? Or should I switch back to 2.0.0 release version?

Thanks!

Is this the correct command line to restart the harvester after it crashes?

chia start harvester

Or do I need to shut it down first?

It’s kicking my a$$. Farming on win10 with a 3060ti from a Dell pc. Runs fine, then see my pool numbers take a dive. Hmm at first thought it was the card. Swapped with a different one (Asus 3060ti) , same thing, thought it a windows thing, moved to a Linux plotter I have, same thing.
So now I am cpu farming c7 with 80 threads and gigahorse doesn’t wanna farm bladebit. So replot or wait on a now understaffed chia proper to fix it. I really never try to be a early adopter of tech etc. I just started with compression and gpu farming plotting. Man makes me wish I hadn’t.

1 Like

The latest version of Gigahorse will farm BB compressed plots.

1 Like

Thanks for your wisdom Ronski. Gonna tackle that and probably do exactly as you did. Thanks again.

1 Like

I’ve no idea how much raw space you have, but before replotting you need to work out what C level you can effectively farm, and you also need to take in account next years filter change, which effectively doubles the workload.You can use Proof of Space to check.

I went with C19 knowing I’d either need to replot or upgrade my GPU prior to the filter change.

1 Like

Thanks for the response. Imma a little guy 250 Tb , but I am moving to get more into it. So I am having to catch onto the new stuff so I buy video cards,a older workstation (z840) and began doing c7s ( I wasn’t gonna go crazy ) then soon after plotting 100% I find out Bladebit gpu farmer is bugged for me . CPU farm for a day or 2 to get familiar with Gigahorse ,curse Ubuntu and find out Ubuntu and my assinine naming conventions do not like each other . But I am now farming with Giga and just got the plotter running after the same path name fight that I had with plow.

1 Like

I use Mint for plotting, I found it less trouble than Ubuntu, I’m a Windows man so struggle with Linux, but its worth it for the plotting speed increase.

1 Like

I too use Windows 99.9% of the time. I played with Manjaro a lot on a old laptop (pentium 3 era) enjoyed it and it was easy. This Ubuntu seems to be very odd and a PITA. May give Mint , which I have also used a spin for plotting.