Chia Coin price dropped below $200! What now?

Absolutely. Period.
Until at least one of that happens, price wont go up.
What id rly like to know, is how far it can go down, before it found its ground.

Personally, Im still waiting for cheap used drives, that I can use with my experience, my low-power-setup and the money, that I didnt have to invest, cuz I was able to sell a coin for 1,2k.

If I had to buy coins, id probably wait, until the ground is found.
U might wanna buy the dip, but U shouldnt buy into falling stock prices.

2 Likes

It’s a game of chance really. It satisfies my computer oriented mind. It’s a fun technical learning experience. I sit at my PC every day anyway. Prior to chia there wasn’t much fun I could think to add/change to my PC anymore. Now I get to plan/buy/optimize!

Going forward, holding a few thousand plots and farming is low cost, something to watch … and fine-tune hardware while making a few more plots every.single.day with my Chia “appliance PC”. They do add up over time.

I’ve already reaped a bunch of enjoyment from money spent, and can now dream of possibilities for the future of my earned XCH and chia in general, over the coming years … get rich or not, maybe just sell all the HDs … or buy more … whatever comes I’ve already won plenty.

1 Like

That’s just it - it doesn’t matter how many farmers there are - supply remains exactly the same. About 2xch every 10 seconds.

I think the thing that is going to make a big difference in the future is there being places to spend it, blockchain applications for it (like NFTs), markets to buy and sell it on & etc. Adoption by organized crime is always a possibility too :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

You don’t necessarily need places to spend it in the future, just a way to access your Chia wallet and convert to cash on demand. For example, where I live, there are “Crypto ATMs” where people can buy, sell/cash out or trade BTC and other coins. I think using Crypto as a “bank” is the way of the future.

I believe the Crypto markets will eventually be divorced completely from the centralized financial system.

It’s honestly better that way.

Just wait and farm more I think

Only 7 dollar left, then the title of the topic has to be adjusted :grin:

An epilogue would be apt.

Just checking, price is 187 USD which is 16.9% higher than when you posted what you posted. Any regrets you formatted your drives yet?

202 now…

So… what now ?? :joy:

1 Like

Chia is like any other crypto, high risks and high returns. Only invest with your disposable income that has no impact financially. You would have an easier time if you always expect to lose it all.

Wait for 10 years. It might become $0 (which is not much of a impact because it is disposable). Or it becomes 100 folds and you become millionaire (life changing event. If you are worried every time the price fluctuate every day, just spend the money on buying US ETF (VTI, SPY) for average of 7-8% annual return.

There:

I am happy to see it recovering. But this is purely tied to the crypto market in general and has nothing to do with the coin itself. I truly do believe it will begin to have its own recognition and begin to really set a true number in the future. But I think it will have another hard drop before this happens. Probably down to $100. Maybe I am just hoping because I want to buy a good amount when it hits that level. I’m really wanting to have a good amount of XCH before it really starts to climb.

3 Likes

I agree completely with Wolfgang,
but im waiting for cheap used drives instead of cheap coins.

1 Like

Not that I really disagree with your statement but it was I just like that the fact that BTC was down and XCH up, so not following BTC. Not that it means a damn at this point but still nice to see.

You are looking at a 1 day chart. When BTC pulled back, so did XCH. Now BTC is climbing, and XCH is too. But when it pulls back, XCH pulls back much more. This is all on short term information. So who knows what it will really do. Just my gut feeling at this point.

1 Like

XCH suddenly at 275$ and no idea why :thinking:

Maybe someone knows something that we don’t know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Or maybe they are starting to learn what we know: XCH is precious! :wink:

1 Like

What now? Time to delete/close this post. :smiley:

1 Like