Chia coin’s company could go public this year

For those interested, Gene talking about IPO status

https://capital.com/chia-coin-s-company-could-go-public-this-year

4 Likes

Can you C&P the article please, blocked in England.

I’m not sure if copy pasting violates any rules, but here is the video with Gene:

btw, I thought the article was blocked at first as well, but the popup had a cancel button on it

1 Like

Wonder what effect that would have on XCH prices.

Me to, i was thinking about that as well.
I mean it is a rare scenario that you have both the coin and the company stock, both trading.

In most cases, investing in the coin is a direct investment on the company.

In general, i think that if the Chia stock price does well, we will see a good bump in coin value as well. The converse is also true in that case.

Or there will be a run up to the actual IPO, and then who knows what happens if the stick price is lower than the hype expected. Something like what happend to the coin price at launch could happen again

I agree that the stock price will go up when the XCH price increases. Given the prefarm, the chia Company will have more equity by increasing prices. Question is what effect a rising / decreasing stock price will have on the XCH price. A rising stock price might increase awareness for the Chia Company and the XCH price. What about an decreasing stock price?

Another question is whether one should sell ones XCH and buy the Chia Company Stock…

1 Like