Chia tax reporting

I ran the “get_transaction” command and copied 407 transactions to a spreadsheet for the IRS. Each of these 407 transactions is a taxable event. Each has a unique date/time, and I need to determine the price of XCH at the time of the transaction. How can I go about collecting that data to put in the spreadsheet?

Also, im noticing that wallet withdrawls are not included in the output from “get_transactions”. Is there a better way to get all the data for 2022?

windows or linux
Please give example

Strange, I thought I had only 1 wallet address, but when I run the following command I get 12 different addresses:
$ chia wallet get_transactions | grep address: | sort -u | wc -l

Sorry I’m in Windows and I don’t see any place to even run
“chia wallet get_transactions”. As soon as chia is in the string the GUI pops up.

Do you use the chia command line in Windows? I have windows here.
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Programs\Chia\resources\app.asar.unpacked\daemon\chia.exe wallet get_transactions

You may still have just one wallet. Address is just an alias to a wallet, and you can have as many as you want of those aliases. Most likely some of those were generated during upgrades. On the other hand, wallets match your mnemonic / fingerprints (so I think 1:1 relationship).

It is kind of a pain and a blessing. The pain is that you cannot see your whole wallet using an alias/address (so websites like xchscan are limited because of that). However, every time you send XCH, you should try to use a new (one time or so) address (making it harder to eventually crack your wallet).

What version of chia do you have installed, I have 1.7.0 installed here.

C:\Program Files\Chia\resources\app.asar.unpacked\daemon>chia.exe wallet get_transactions >c:\files\won.txt

This worked…

1 Like

Coin market cap. Historical data.

You can download a nice pricing history here: Chia (XCH) Historical Data | CoinCodex

2 Likes