Compatible Chia Client Version for Raspberry Pi 4 / 8 GB, Windows 10 ARM64

Hi Chia Community,

as you maybe know, since a few years there a several projects to make it possible to run windows 11 or 10 on a raspberry pi 4. I`ll gave it try and installed it. I must say its very stable and very smooth. My plan is to run chia client with GUI only for farming not for plotting of course.

Question is: Is there a arm64 based chia client for rp’s windows 10 or 11 ? If not, is here somebody of the core development team and can take this point into the next branch or something. It would be a nice alternative :wink:
i saw already on the chia website, there is a arm64 version but its only for Linux OS.

Please dont advise me to use linux systems and so on. I am normally a linux user and have already many harvesters running on ubuntu or raspberry pi os.
There are some reasons why i want to try a windows machine. So…

What i am trying right now to get it work is, to compile/ install it on my own from the git repo, but there was already several issues with the wheel installation and so on. i am looking forward…

Thank you guys

HaShLo

Its called add money and stir. Just asking how long have you run chia on a windows or linux setup?

2 Likes

very long… why you want to know?

I agree!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx …

arm64 is not availaible for windows and its not the same like x86 & x64 . So what do you agree?

I agreed that Bones deleted his post. With all the versions already available for users Download - Chia Network you want somebody to come out with another version because you have an idea? Go over to Keybase ( Keybase (chia_network.public) and ask the question there and tell them you will fund the project and see where that takes you.

2 Likes

arm64 is not availaible for windows and its not the same like x86 & x64.

You can use WSL under windows so follow the Ubuntu build from source installation instructions

I think he wants to run all this on the Raspberry Pi. My take is with all the shovels Chia has provided, he now wants them to come up with a different spoon to dig fence posts.

1 Like